Monday, May 4, 2009

Loooooooooooooooong Day

2:37 AM

Today.

was ruled by Murphy's Law.

was the day i went a straight 48 hours without sleeping.

was the day I survived on a staple diet of peanut butter and bread because I realized that I had run out of groceries.

was the day my essay was due and also the day I felt like I had to go through a series of obstacle courses just to submit an online copy into turnitin and a hard copy into the submission box.

was the day my slippers gave way as I was walking through the business school, trying to find a printer to print out a copy of my assignment. (this always happens to me!)

was the day I tricked a friend into believing that I was in trouble when all I was in was my own self created drama which I couldn't cope with alone.

was the day I walked the streets of NZ and around uni completely barefoot.

was the day I discovered I could sleep while standing upright.

was the day I witnessed a friend lose his temper.

was the day I realized the bane of last minute work.

was the day I sat in front of my computer completely oblivious to the passage of time and completely oblivious to the fact that I hadn't brushed my teeth even though half a day had passed.

was the day I discovered that working under pressure had no effect what so ever on my level of perfectionism.

was the day I sat through a meeting AND practiced my part for a skit despite not being able to keep my eyes open.

was yet another day that went by without me having the courage to speak to him.

was the day that I enjoyed the attention.



Today was also the day.....

that I realized Murphy's Law is simply a state of mind.

that I realized i was one of those lucky people who didn't get eyebags despite staying up.

that made me realize that too much of a good thing is never good. In this case, peanut butter.

that I realized that I had never really made an effort to remember my tutor's name OR pay attention to tiny details...

I discovered it was time to put an end to slippers......

I discovered what a truly awesome friend she was by dropping everything and being right where I wanted her to be in an instant.

I realized that despite me being conscious about roaming around with no footwear, no one else really cared. Egocentrism works in the most wonderful ways.

I decided never to relax my shoulders while standing upright.

I discovered how everyone had a breaking point.

I realized that last minute work will always play an integral role in my life. Sadly.

I realized there was a reason for the cavity that cost me a bomb.

I decided that perfectionism is not necessarily a bad thing.

I realized there was an invisible force prying my eyes open just when I needed it to be open.

I realized that he didn't have the courage to speak to me either...

I realized that I should stop milking some forms of attention.....

Today was, simply put, A VERY LONG DAY.

0 comments: