Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Post Test Reflection

3:13 AM

Life's like a box of chocolates.....


Why can't it be like kisses arranged in symmetry instead??


Why do I always get things (or perhaps not merely 'things') I don't want and never the things I want?

Life has been pretty good thus far. Things seem to be falling into my lap with ease (although, not all these 'things' are particularly stuff that I want)... Uni life appears nowhere near bleak as last year. Gives me the courage to say that I am doing better than I expected... Just a couple of days ago I received an reinforcing e mail from my bio psych lecturer. These are probably self generating e mails which get sent out to the portion of the student population who achieve grades above a certain threshold in their tests. BUT the point here is, I was one of them... So yes. I am proud. Coz it was my first congratulatory e mail. If only I did just as well in my theories of personality and development paper.... I guess you can't have everything. Although, ironically, I actually like the subject content of the latter paper better.

My sociology paper marks also sent me over the moon. =D I am performing my nerd roles to the optimum level yo. Now if only those essays and research reports could write themselves. Owh brother! Kill joy.

I'm glad the future has fun fortified events lined up for me. If uni were all tests and assignments and study, I'd have lost my mind a loooooooong time ago. Thank God for all those little things that shift the attention span for a bit. Essential distractions, if you will? Anyways, Friday's the Huia Formal. I'm finally paying a well overdue visit to the Skytower. It's a shame I've never been there despite this being my 2nd year in Auckland. But then again, I've stayed near KL practically all my life and I've never been up the KL tower OR Petronas Twin Towers (KLCC shopping mall doesn't count), so there! They're having a masquerade theme this year which reminds me, I've to go get a mask to match my purple dress. No moolah to shop for a new dress as well so I'm doing the dreaded fashion repeat-er.

And then sometime mid May's UMSA food night themed Pop Ye Ye this year with the whole anak melayu retro setting in mind. And and and, get this! There's skit. It's a musical, with 5 scenes and a whole lotta dancing. AND, I play the lead actress! Me. Me!??! MEE!!! Me who when compared with a 'kayu' when it comes to dancing, the 'kayu' will win. Me who is so stage fright she'd rather piss in her pants than work the stage. (ok, maybe not) Me who can hardly blurt a script out let alone act spontaneously. This is insanity I tell you. It's a conspiration. Tuan was out to get me. That twit! SO yea. Here comes the rehearsals.


I am actually pretty grateful that I don't have a job to deal with no more. Coz my plate is as full as it gets at the moment. Heaps of weekend gigs to attend thanks to Anisha who has contacts from pretty much all corners of the earth. Uni work has been interspersed to keep me continously working on something or rather. If it's not a 2500 worded essay, it's a report that requires 20 references or an assignment to be completed after heaps of reading.


So there. Nothing to complain about. Likewise, nothing to boast about. I feel blessed.


I shall end with Melitta's gorgeous picture. She went for this discounted photoshoot thing early this year. I wish I got those discount coupons too! Prettiness! =D

0 comments: