Thursday, September 11, 2008

Snow Escapade

5:11 AM

Random shots from the ski trip I went on at Whakapapa on Mt Ruapehu. Fun Fun. More pictures are uploaded on facebook...


Our first stop was at Hukka Falls. Stunning view ay?


Me and my travel buddies.


And then we stopped at Taupo. This lake is 1/3 the size of Singapore. Made it in time for the sunset.


Camera opportunities at Taupo was in abundance!
Our cabin at Alpine Skotel. Pretty cheap rates for comfy bunks and a really cool setting. I kinda miss the place now.

My very first encounter with snow!


At the summit. Where everything suddenly seemed a little scary and the visibility wasn't too good.


It started snowing! Mesmerizing really. I had to constantly remind myself that I wasn't in a dream. If only it were christmas too.

Skiing was rather tricky. Navigating in that Michelin man suit seemed impossible. But it kept me warm. And insulated me whenever I fell down, which happened quite a lot. LOL. But the ski instructor we had was smoking hot! Italian Stallion I tell ya! I didn't ski as much as the others did at the end of the day. Coz I'm chicken like that..... When things freak me out, I don't pursue them for long. Hence, I have to say, I have unfinished business with skiing. I will go back there one day and conquer the mountains. Bwahahahhaha.

Our car was buried in snow upon returning. A tiny obstacle overcame us along the way. Trish got lost for quite some time. She decided to take on the intermediate slope and found herself helplessly battling the bad weather and low visibility. Andrew had to go look for her coz she hadn't returned in time. Thank God she was ok. We were all worried shitless.
All in all, an awesome trip with awesome people. Marked by pasta dinners in the warmth of our cabin, foosball competitions and table tennis fights into the wee hours of the night and some of the randomest conversations. On the way back, we visited the famous One Tree Hill where we seeked sheep bum bums (almost entirely for my pleasure), witnessed Andrew's hazardous driving, had good ol Malaysian food at KK restaurant in Mt. Eden (yummy!) and went grocery shopping buying stuff to last the next decade or so. Sadly, the trip had to come to an end.
Rushing assignments at the moment. In two days, uni starts again. Was my two week break a fulffilling one? UMSA Ball. Got sick. Paid sleep debt. Bummed around. Watched dvds. Constantly reminded self to study. Failed to study. Attended victim support training. Got better. Went skiing. Paid sleep debt during journey. Mental and emotional preparation for uni. Must say. Pretty well spent. Hee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dear. I'm thinking of going to Dominion Rd, Mt Eden tomorrow morn. If you're interested, txt me (I will txt you by 11pm tonight if I don't receive a reply from you - Commenting is simply easier than txting!) =P. My plan is to get some fabric, and we shall explore the rest of the town if you're interested =).

Dimi said...

Can't wait! ;)