Saturday, September 13, 2008

Spring's In

11:03 PM

Today was such a good day. Actually, I've been having more of my fair share of good days lately. But who's counting or complaining? The weather was bright and sunny, albeit windy at moments. But that's just Auckland for you I suppose. The city of sails.

I followed Su Lyn to Mt Eden where she went occasionally to buy fabric for her plushies. And I'm so glad I followed. Coz our 50 minute walk there was such a refreshing change from strolling around in the city! We walked through the housing areas and took different routes to and fro. I completely failed to pay attention to the directions and just got lost in the beauty of the charming spring day that today turned out to be. Thank God I had Su Lyn beside me equipped with her efficient sense of direction. Somehow we never run out of things to talk about. Why ah Su Lyn??? Hahaa. Perhaps it's coz we don't see each other too often. Absence makes the mouth go chattier!

Anyway, I managed to get some pretty shots as we walked through quiet pathways embellished with a myriad of foliage. And although the fabric store was closed and one of the antique stores we wanted to visit was closed as well (Auckland's pretty much dead on Sundays!! pfft), I had such a good time that I still feel myself reeling....

First shot of the day. We had to wait for this train to pass before getting to the housing area. But I still find this picture pretty cool.



Daisies!!!!!! Putting a sproing in spring!



The houses are adorable!!! I love the 'whole pathway in the middle of bushes' thing! And the wooden gates. And the low fences. And the overcrowding of trees.



*sobs* so pretty!!! I <3>


Rose petals strewn on the road.


The tree from which the rose petals fell.....

Mandarins weighing down on the branches of a tree.

The houses were all so different from each other and they were perched deep within green-rich lawns. The colours. The designs. I fell in love multiple times.

Spotted this orange victorian house on our way back. Interesting ay? I just wish the car wasn't there to block the view.

After walking up and down Dominian Road, and visitng another antique shop which my mom would've absolutely loved, we stopped for a meaty chinese lunch. Yum!

Su Lyn with her precious red bean buns, meal and chinese tea. OMG. I just realized how beautiful she looks in this shot! You see Lyn, u have no reason to be camera shy!!

Her roasted pork and roasted duck combo.


Bwahahahaha. "no no, don't take, I'm not ready yet!"


There....





My soy sauce chicken and roasted duck combo. The thing about eating meat every once in a while instead of everyday is your meals become even more enjoyable when you finally get to savour it. Satisfied tummy! But Andy says that if we consume more than two types of meat in one day, you run the risk of contracting cancer. I say, "hello cancer!!".

Visited some Asian shops after that where we fantasized about eating all the stuff we don't normally get in the city. Thankfully, both of us were satieted with food. But I finally bought mooncake which I was craving for ever since I can remember! It was real cheap compared to the others. NZD 5 and it was the red bean snow one without yolk :) The lotus paste was much more expensive although I personally preffered that. Happee happee.



Spotted this drawing on the way back...

Spectacular ending to an awesome two week break. Uni starts tomorrow. This marks the tumbling in of work and more work. But my spirit's up :) Feel like I can take on the world now.

0 comments: