Friday, July 11, 2008

Devonport

4:14 AM

Joanna and I took a ferry to Devonport early Thursday morning..... Thankfully, the sun was out. And the clouds weren't heavy with rain... We ended up having a splendid time. When I retire, someday, I'd like to settle in Devonport. Funny how I speak of retiring, even before making a career.


Leaving the city behind....



On the ferry

A nice horse ridden carriage.... which we didn't go on. Devonport is tiny enough to be explored by foot...


We visited all the tiny little bookshops selling 2nd hand books for cheap prices and the gift shops... Sher, I think you'd adore this place!!


Come lunch time, there were so many quaint little cafes to choose from... Prices ranged from expensive to more expensive though... We chose this one, coz Joanna was all gung-ho about eating fish and chips....

























Joanna and her fish and chips.... The waiter clearly loved being in the spotlight.... hence, the "heads up" Couldn't take a picture of her without him peeking over...



















Me in hot pink and my eggs benedict with salmon... Yum! It looks like a blob of cream but it is in fact eggs... I bought the scarf for $2 in Devonport itself....

After lunch, we walked over to the walk over looking the water... So serene... The perfect place to read a book on a lazy sunday afternoon...


There's something about those doves......

There's a picture of us.......
.....and me....

With the city behind us....

0 comments: