Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Continuation

12:58 PM

Day Two - The continuation.........


Day two started off with us getting on this huge tour bus (we signed up for the NZD 45 Bay of Island tour coz apparently, our vehicle would get stuck in the sand dunes if we were to go alone) and our first stop was this awesome lake.....


We ventured a bit further and found this weird unwieldy means of transport somewhere and decided to get on it n take a picture... The part we were standing on was filled with lalang or something similar to it...... LOL
The next stop was an ice cream parlour with a dodgy washroom to boot.... The ice cream looked seriously yummy but I had to pass coz didn't wanna go on a bathroom rampage during the trip.... Rini had paddlepop flavoured ice cream n Lin had raspberry. Trish and I had a lick of both. The tour guide later told us that the stop was a mere tactic to get us to fill up on ice cream so that we wouldn't b expecting a gigantic lunch which was part of the tour.....

This was where we stopped to have lunch.... The contrast of the blue, green and white sand was awesome.... We sat under a tree somewhere n sure enough the lunch was pretty light. Filled up on date scones and some junk food.....

The beach was right in front of us... I was so tempted to go dip my feet into the water but Rini made me wear sneakers and jeans in preparation for the sand dunes... I ended up regretting the entire time!! Coz there were so many beaches and I had to worry about sticking my wet feet back into my socks everytime we stopped by one.....

Walked on the sand with our sneakers anyway and posed for the camera....
Many toilet stops later, we stopped at Cape Reinga.... Sweet! You know where the lighthouse stands, that's like the tip of the north part of NZ. So i can proudly say that I've been to the very north of the north island.... The view, again, was spectacular... Could've stayed there for ages just reflecting...

Am doing a Shereen Asha here. Forgot to rotate this picture n too lazy to do it now, so please do a mental rotation.... Me standing really close to the lighthouse.


Oh look! It's me again! Further away from the lighthouse....


All of us, with the very highly acclaimed sea behind us....

This sea is extremely unique.... It's where the hot and cold currents of the sea clash.. And apparently, u can actually feel it if you're on a boat down there, that is....

Paradise..........

And then I forced them to hike up this very steep mountain although the didn't want to coz I wanted to see the view so bad.........

The next stop was my most favorite one for the day.... The sand dunes!!! Wheeeee.......

The bus was actually moving on the sand, and I kept wondering when the tyre was gonna get stuck or when we would be swallowed up by quick sand. Neither happened... Shucks. Would've been interesting to watch...

Vehicles on sand.........
And then we stopped to go sand toboganing... What goes up.........
....Must come down......

I kept yelling, "I'm gonna hit you Lin Huiiiiiiii!" But it was so much fun!! Climbing up was terrifying....... I felt like i was gonna fall backwards and it was SO tiring!!!

Lin Hui and I had it better than Trish and Rini though..... Here's Trish falling off her sledge....

And Rini who got stuck and had probs comin down

Me and Lin

Wanted to go again but ran outta time....... But there was time to take one last snap shot...

And then off we were to 90 mile beach

The very famous 90 mile beach.... which is actually only 60 miles..... great history behind it, too lazy to tell..... But seriously, this is the longest beach I have ever been to. I slept three times on the bus and all three times I woke up, we were still on the beach....... N it was just pure beach!! Nothing contaminating or blocking it..... Sand and sea. Period.

The famous hole in a rock. WHich is basically, a hole in a rock..... and famous coz of the darn hole.... More on this on day three...
So obviously we had to stop on this beach... There;s our bus and our tour kakis
And there's us, trying to pull off a baywatch scene....... No prizes for guessing which butt is mine...

Day two ended with a VERY happy me devouring a VERY delicious and SATISFYING fish and chips meal....... You know when ur really really hungry and craving for something and get to satisfy that craving? Heaven. I experienced heaven a couple of times that day. This country's so beautiful that you just wanna hug it and not let go!!!

More coming up. Must run and study for a test now... My very first one and I am freaked out to the max... This post is literally a breather from Sparta and Lycurgus and whatever the dual kingship had to offer in stability.

You know you love me

xoxo

0 comments: