Thursday, December 6, 2007

Numero Uno

7:29 AM

Ah. The perks of being a proud owner of a laptop. Being able to watch tv while writing blog entries! Something I could never do previously.

This weekend was a rather rewarding one. Went to the park on Saturday after a long hiatus and thank God, stalker was nowhere to be seen. I was free to roam the park at my own free will and there was nothing more liberating than that. Mumsy and I met up with one of her friends who went to study at the University of Auckland after that. Senthil-a very charismatic and pleasant young man who shared with us many of his exciting endeavours in the university. Why do I keep on meeting good looking people this month? Sigh. Anyway, he told me that apart from the first two months that was going to be rather lonely months, the experience was well more than worth every penny… It was nice being given reasons to look forward to my future in New Zealand again. From short weekends away to minor details about weather and such, I was drawn in to his many experiences and how the entire thing helped with his personal growth. Sometimes talking to people who have been there and done that can make all the difference.

Met up with Ben later. Had to drive all the way to Shangri La Hotel in KL to return the unsold Golden Compas cinema tickets to the Rotary President. Some sorta rotary convention was going on there so Ben and I got ‘stuck’ despite our every effort to pry our way out. The rotarians managed to force a glass of beer down Ben’s troath and talk us into going to the GH in Kajang today (which we did not attend…). When we finally freed ourselves from their clenches, it was already 6 thirty, almost time to meet Leez at Mid Valley. Had dinner at All Stars in Mid Valley where Ben footed the rather pricy bill. Thanks Ben! It seems to me that Ben’s ego has expanded beyond repairable heights. So, please, try not to remind Ben about his hotness any more coz that’s pretty much what Leez and I had to endure the entire night. After shopping for barbecue stuff for fellowship night the next day, I dragged Leez and Ben to watch Enchanted!!! Apart from the ending, the surreality of the movie made it pretty watchable… Check it out for a good laugh!!

Woke up late the next day and it was carwash day!!! Ugh. Had to rush outta bed and get to college to direct everyone to the venue in half an hour. How I managed, I have no idea but I did! I even got there without losing my way!! I won’t elaborate about the carwash here coz the whole deal will be on the rotaract blog very soon (I hope…) but the carwash was a success!!! There were periods when it was terribly slow and demoralising, both for us and the interactors, but things sped up soon after and we managed to earn a whopping 800 ringgit!! All this will go into purchasing diapers and milk products for the kids in Cheshire Home in Kuala Kubu Baru. It feels amazing to be doing this for a greater cause. Thanks to both the rotaractors and interactors present for making the day a huge success.

Later at night, we had a fellowship session at Ben’s place. Again, I found my way there without losing my way! I am getting good at this. Even DivaSya was amazed. The barbecue was okay. We were all warped and really tired but we still managed good laughs and just fellowship as a whole. I think I went overboard with junk food coz the barbecue never seemed to be producing much food and I was hungry as hell. Plus, Ben refused to fetch me some good old H2o from his house so I was stuck with sugarful gassy beverages. Urk. Drove out to get water and returned to play a round of taboo before we decided to call it a night. Oh. And I saw Ben’s new squeeze! Worth attending the fellowship for. LOL. Wonder why kids these days wanna grow up so soon. (I sound like an aunty but I don’t care) My sister clogs her eyes with kohl, and most 16 year olds dress up like they’re coporate people… Nuff said. Sigh.

I slept a lot today. I think I’m exhausted. Period.

1 comments:

nirms said...

Ben has a new squeeze?? I WANT TO SEEEE!!! Why am I so excited about this? I read your blog entry that you posted after this one.. I am SO restless too. Sigh. Oh yea, about Malacca, I have no clue at the mo, neither does Mike, haha. So much for us planning. I will figure out something entertaining for ya'll, no worries.. just, no complaining allowed. Ha :P