Friday, December 7, 2007

Disappointment

8:47 PM

sometimes, when you're so used to the security that close friends bring, it's hard to get use to the insecurity that loneliness brings - Daniele's blog

My biggest fear? Loneliness. And as the day that I need to pack my bags and bid goodbye to the ones I love draw closer, my fear only heightens.

I got my visa today. The DHL (we live to deliver!!) guy brought it to my doorstep. For a minute there I held the package, debating whether or not to rip into it and look at my visa. Looking at it would make the fact that I am leaving soon all so real. I was just afraid to freak out and throw the package out of the balcony. I am capable of these outrageous acts of insanity. Anyway, i did rip into it and yes, the journey seems incredibly daunting now that i'm that much closer to it.

I also got some accommodation news today. Disappointing. I rEaLLy wanted to get into the O'Rorke Hall of Residence. I've heard so much about it. It's immaculate reputation. Silly me for not sending my application in earlier!!! Arrghahahaah~ Apparently, all that's available is the Huia residence. Huia? Sounds like Hoia. Any how, did some research on it and apparently there are 30 rooms on a floor!!!! With 2 freakin bathrooms to be shared amongst 30 people!!! That's like TWO bathrooms!!!! How in the world are 15 people going to wake up and take turns brushing their teeth, bathing and pooping with a time limit to consider????? And I'm sure all students are expected to be in class on time... And what about people with irritable bowel syndrome such as yours truly over here. Oh. The horror!!!

I. Am. NOT. Being. Melodramatic.

Compared to O'Rorke, in which, at the most, 5 students occupy one floor and share a bathroom amongst themselves. It seems even more ridiculous than I make it out to be. Sigh.

I overate today. Emotional eating. And as a result, I will have to over exercise or risk feeling like a giant walrus. Why do these things have to happen when I embark on a diet.

Spawn said it's a matter of balance. Things cannot look up all the while. There are the valleys amongst the peaks.

0 comments: