Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Shot of Intimacy

5:39 PM

"Intimacy is a four syllable word for: Here is my heart and soul, please grind into hamburger, and enjoy. It's both desired, and feared. Difficult to live with, and impossible to live without. Intimacy also comes attached to the three R's... relatives, romance, and roommates. There are some things you can't escape. And other things you just don't want to know." - Greys Anatomy, season 1

I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. Hate. Hate. Hedious hate! Despicable despise. I hate that you put ideas into my head and then try and shake it all out, but all you end up doing is triggering a mind shattering headache. I hate when this happens. I hate that I cannot elaborate any further in fear of the entire world and maybe even you knowing. I hate that this is a stupid game that I've had to play every single time yet, I've not been able to master it. I hate that it is so fun this way.

Which brings me to the question, what's considered too intimate and what's not intimate enough? Coz I can never tell.

Apparently, I've got the answer.

"I wish there were a rulebook for intimacy. Some kind of guide to tell you when you've crossed the line. It would be nice if you could see it coming, and I don't know how you fit it on a map. You take it where you can get it, and keep it as long as you can. As for rules, maybe there are none. Maybe the rules of intimacy are something we have to define for ourselves."

That aside, went out with sher for lunch. We toured the whole of Bangsar Village, phases I and II to aid digestion after lunch. The music store and bookstore were popular hits. Although I couldn't buy anything coz I didn't bring enough $$. Which is what I've decided to do at every single outing from now on wards. But Sher bought herself some cds. JEalOus! Bah! ToysRUs was on the agenda as well. What is it with people and the purple place that sells super improved, upgraded performance toys that might form haunted images in the minds of kids. Almost everything in there has a button which upon being pushed sings out partially clear, eerie tunes. I fear for the kids. Went around poking and pushing all the 'push me' toys I could find til I was satisfied. My favourite is still the one that sings 'la la la la la la la'. The white possessed monkey.

Met up with the satanic gang later in the evening for a confiding session which made me reassess my goals and put me back on track.

0 comments: