Monday, August 13, 2007

Somewhere a Clock is Ticking...

8:38 AM

I can freaking hear it!!!

Kahlil Gibran once wrote, " Your reason and your passion are the rudder.. and the sails of your seafaring soul. If either be broken, you can but toss and drift, or else be held at a standstill in mid-seas. For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining; and passion unattended, is a flame that burn to it's own destruction."

It took me three reads and a half to really comprehend what Mr. Gibran was talking about.. Don't mock me!! At least I did figure it out albeit not as fast as 'some' would've but I did! Correct me if I'm wrong but in direct translation, it kinda says that reason and passion complement one another. You gotta have both, only then will your aspirations be achieved.

My hopes of sitting for Eng lit for the SATs instead of one of the sciences kinda got reignited while I was deciphering the context of Mr. Gibran's oh-so-complicated mind. Let's just say, I have the passion to do it but honestly, no reason. So should I turn away? Or should I start looking for a reason??

I have been procrastinating registration for the longest time ever! Sorry Nirms! Will register as soon as I meet up with Sabrina Chan from Tufts Uni tomorrow. Sabrina's back from Tufts for her summer break and she's the one who's gonna be answering my tumultous questions and dealing with my hapless confusion. Adam is doing his best but he keeps needing to go off to Singapore which honestly, is irritating. Sigh! And the books! OmIgOOSh! Expensifnya!! There're hundreds, no make that millions, of em stacked up in MPH and they're all so different, you'd think they were for separate tests all together. I keep scanning through them and going "oh, this one's good" *scan* *scan* "no, this one's better!" *scan* "but this one's cheaper and that one's ballistically overpriced! Gee!". Then there's the issue of scholarships and applying for New Zealand. All this applying. I cannot TAHAN anymore!

Someone's feeling horny. Not for anyone, just horny. Period. AND, note! I didn't say it was me!!

That aside, Rotaract's being rotaract-ive.... I'm afraid of my members goin through a burnout and seems to me like some of em are beginning to show signs of burnout syndrome.. Leez's post was an indication of it. Chillax girl! And Ben's all MABECS right now so I'd rather not disturb him, although I'm still gonna have to bug him to plan out games... Cass is starting uni on thursday! Which is like, on *shrieks* thursday!!! Will try and take it slow ppl, no worries! On a cheerier note, I'm so proud of you guys for making our projects a hit! TQ!

ANd, yep, someone tried to hit on me today. I'm not saying this with pride but I am partly flattered and mostly creeped out. Eeks! I think I'm getting used to the whole I-am-gonna-stalk-u-for-now-til-u-show-signs-that-ur-never-gonna-answer-my-calls-period phenomenons. Whoa! Talk about experience teaching you tonnes. Another lesson I've learnt from the recruitment drive? NEVER ever, let anyone publish your phone number on all 500 flyers Very stupid idea! It should've just been Ben's name there and perhaps Wen Wei's... LOL. Will never forget Sunisha's looks as she sat there pretending to stare at Lleyton Hewitt and Bec Cartwright and not salvaging me from the misery but just shooting me shocked, awe induced looks as the dude spoke. And Cassie mouthing "he likes youuuu??" from the other side of the table. Oi! Rescue la u guys!! Sheesh! Oh, well, at least i managed to squeeze out a measley one ringgit from him in the name of charity. For an international dude, he sure knows his coins well...

Eek! Better go now before I get nauseated and throw up all over the computer.

0 comments: