Saturday, August 18, 2007

BRAT bound

6:55 AM

" Most of our life is a series of images. They pass us by like towns on the highway. But sometimes, a moment stuns us as it happens. And we know that this instance is more than a fleeting image. We know that this moment, every part of it, will live on forever." - One Tree Hill, season 4

Bright . Roving . Annoying . Teen am I?????

The reason it sounds so wrong in my context kan, is coz I don't really see myself much as the last three letters represent. I'm definitely bright (.....excuse me in my syok sendiri phase) but not much annoying/maybe a little roving and right now, i don't really feel like a teen. Much rather, like an aged teen. I guess tomorrow will be the day I find out if i fit into the annoying, roving, teen category. 4 gruelling days of field assignments, journalism workshops, minggling with other brats, sleeping in/on foreign grounds (which doesn't matter, really considering I can sleep through a hurricane..), eating food prepared by someone other than my mom, not engaging in physical activity, and wondering if journalism really is for me.... This could either turn into an endearing, mind blowing experience or a tragic regretful one. Either way, I've signed up for it. So come rain or shine, tomorrow, I will be boarding that flight with the hoardes of people (...young, fancy school-going teens) that I will have to be nice to / feign nice-ness, at least for the next four days. Talk about excitement! This is the very first time I'll be boarding the plane ALONE okayyyyyyy! You can't really blame me for being all twitchy and turvy....

You know what the worse thing about travelling is? The packing! Ugh. I cannot pack to save my life. I started at around 7 pm and finished at 10 pm. Wanna know what I did while packing??? I occupied at least three rooms (...occupied here means ran in n out and tossed each room upside down), I blasted the radio, I deleted all the unwanted pictures in my digital camera while charging it, I made a huge mess outta my closet, I sms-ed Aida, Cassie, Adam and Rotarian Raja about miscellanous stuff, I think I danced to one of Fergie's songs, then I browsed through Sabrina's SATs Princeton Review book while toppling shirts and trousers into my tiny weeny bag, I ran around trying to find toothpaste, I wrote a 'more stuff to take' note on a post it although I knew my bag would burst at the seams if I stuffed anything else into it and many many many other things amongst the rest.........

You know why I think the worse thing about travelling is the packing? Because I worry while I pack. I worry that what I'm packing may not be enough, there's always always that feeling that I've somehow managed to leave something out. I worry about the next day. Will I have the fun that I'm hoping to have? Will there be enough water for me to consume so that I'm not bogged down with a mammoth sized migraine? Will I appear uptight and reserved? Will I? Will I? Will I? I worry about what I'm leaving behind. Will rotaract survive without it's president? Will the rotarians be trying to call me? Will something bad happen?? Will I miss out on something so spectacular that regret might not even be the word to describe it later on?? Worse case scenario? I come back to a bombed up city - Heroes style....

unicef Draconian : U worry too much!
Life is bootifool....well most of d time ne way : does it really show that much?

Well duh!

So I'm done packing now. And worries is just so yesterday! *rolls eyes*

A happy-fying sms
" In my opinion, ur doing great as a president. U r solving the num 1 prob in the club that many presidents before u could not do, membership." - Rotarian Raja, New Generations Director
*Weeeeee*

Got the sms while I was at the New Zealand education fair and it brightened up my day, just a tad. The fair was great... New Zealanders are pretty friendly, although they seem a little lacking in the energy department and they kinda have bad breath. LOL. But praises to their immaculate manners! Found out heaps about University of Auckland. So in NZ, i managed to sum it down to either Wellington Uni or Auckland... My first choice is still America, which also means, I'm definitely taking a gap year..... I'm thinking so many things right now. Student exchange, work experience... Anything exp lazing at home coz that'll just ruin me!

Gotta go get my beauty sleep now. These few days have been so hectic. From rotaract meetings, to shopping for formal clothes for the APRRC, to meeting up with friends, to exploring colleges and signing up for tests. Whoa. Gotta wake up at 4 am tomorrow coz my flight leaves early.

0 comments: