Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Plate's Full....

9:30 AM

" Stepping up. It's a simple concept. It basically means to rise above yourself, to do a little more, to show you something special. Life's funny sometimes; can push pretty hard like when you fall in love with someone but they forget to love you back, like when you pull the trigger or light the flame and you can't take it back. In sports they call this stepping up, in life they call it pushing back" Nathan Scott, One Tree Hill, season 4

Just a few months ago, my cell phone was not one of the most important gadgets in my life. Apart from the alarm and the genius text message system, I never had much care for it... It was ok to leave the house without it. It was ok to leave it in my bag, unchecked for an extended period of time. Those times were much simpler times.

I've had to change my cell phone to suit my new lifestyle. I could/can no longer have a phone which dies randomly whenever it feels like it's services is not needed. Even one miss call has the potential of turning into some absurd life-destructing moment. My eyes are preened to the screen. Anticipating the familiar buzz and the glimmery lights of my all new Sony Ericsson W700i. Calls rush in from God knows where with God knows who on the line with God knows what on the agenda. Yep, I'm constantly on call and I'm not trying to rub it in anyone's face. Believe it or not, it is downright annoying. I miss those times when my cell phone was a mere nothing-ness in my subdued life.

I've been doing a lot of stepping up. Sometimes work begins at 7 am though I get to take off early. And sometimes it ends at 10 pm. The LEAN team has learnt how to remain optimistic despite it's shortcomings. Many a time, our efforts have borne no fruit but not one of us divulge in disappointment. There's simply no time for that. It's something I've learnt from the team. Something that has been invaluable to me.

Rotaract is kicking off slowly and steadily. One step at a time as retorted by my friend, the psychologist. My support network is so strong that nothing else matters. At times, i feel like the worst president ever. But then they're there to back me up. To advice me when my speech sucks. To remind me when there're too many meetings to handle. To introduce me to things I've never been familiarised with. Makes stepping up a lot easier.

University research has gone far and wide... There're more tests. Harder I hear. And those wholly sick-to-ur-stomach resumes! If only I could erase the memories and find comfort in mine. Ties with school teachers have to be reenacted. Sigh.

All this only keeps me driven.

First all-president meeting tomorrow. I need sleep so i can push back.

0 comments: