Sunday, July 8, 2007

Leader??? Moi??

9:36 PM

Some friends stand by you in your time of need,
Some friends abandon you.....
Some friends look, unflinching, while you suffer,
Some choose to suffer with you,
Some friends use you as a crutch then discard you,
Some friends become your crutch and stick with you....
Some friends use you to find their strengths
Some friends ARE your strengths
Some friends need you to make themselves feel better about who they are,
Some friends always make YOU feel better about who you are...
I have ALL these friends and i have fun with ALL these friends BUT i know how to tell them apart....
And that makes life all the much easier to deal with.... - Collection of Invaluable Crap, Dimithira

All along, I've craved to acquire a leadership position. One which would gain me valuable experience, one encapsulated with thick, frustrating politics, one which would gain me social recognition beyond imagination, one which would help me grOW inside out, one which would help me take over the world muahahahahahaha *evil laughter*... Ok, seriously, apart from the 'rule the world' caption, i pretty much longed for a position which called out for respect and reverence... And yesterday, I got it.... But the reaction that i envisioned upon being blessed with the opportunity of a lifetime was grotesquely different from how I did react in reality when Ping Ling shocked me with the revelation (just so you know, i was sleeping yet again when the call came in so that proves my ppl-alwiz-call-when-i'm-sleeping theory yet again. She's been a wonderful president thus far and honestly, i CANNOT imagine the club under the leadership influence of another... However, Ping Ling has to step down from presidency this year and can no longer be a rotaractor coz she has passed the age limit and hubby, Jeremy, has chosen to follow suit his wife.... Sigh!

So now, Rotaract is basically president-less and secretary-less.... Yup yup! And what's more disappointing is, the club has only 4 installed members and is basically defunct... Now, should i take up the position of president, i would have to try my very hardest to breathe some life into this new 'embryo' or much rather 'zygote' and at least try and activate it again... My mom thinks i'm crazy for even considering this. "With work and all! Plus you're going to uni somemore, and maybe not even a local one!! You're crazy", her reply was somewhere along the lines of that....

I, on the other hand, am willing to try. Maybe, just, maybe this might work. And then, just as i planned ages ago, i would finally be able to contribute to society and make this world a better place to live in. Saving the world starts in small, tiny steps and we should all give it a try once in a while. So i sent a message to everyone i knew asking for support and i would love to thank all of you who replied.. I can't wait to work with you guys and materialize this plan with the rest of you... I'm no leader without support, hence, without you, i'm like *can't think of a metaphor so fill in the blanks urself k*....

Dani, Sha and Tha, if you do read this some time in the future, WHYYYYY, whyyYYY, Whyyy did you leave?????? I can't handle this without you guys... We were the 'rocks' of the club....

That aside, today, i got up late consumed breakfast in a haste and got into my clothes sloppily before driving down to Bukit Bintang Boys School to publicize the LEAN club with Dr Su Lin... I got a little flashback on what it was like to be in school yet again albeit this being an all boys school with the exception of form six. Anywayz, the boys were very interactive, and full of chitter chatter and questions... Some even tried to look down my blouse while i spoke to them... Yup Yup... I regret wearing this blouse, should've known better... And it's not even thaaaaat low... Sigh! Hey! If you hafta do it, do it discreetly, i understand that guys think about sex every few minutes and what not.... But peeking outwardly is just plain rude!

Today was all about more calls, more printing, more health conscious stuff. Working here has kinda transformed me into a food conscious person, more so than I already tried to be prior to working here... I always thought chapatti was the healthier option compared to roti canai but it turns out roti canai has only 1 more calorie than chapatti... A healthier option would be thosai. And poppadom is EXTREMELY high in fat!! One piece is like a BOMB in your daily calorie intake. So you poppadom stealers out there (...you know who you are), beware!!! You may be paving your way to atherosclerosis before you reach 50... In short, if you enjoy your food at all cost and would rather not know about what lies behind that heavenly flava, DON'T get a job here.....

Saturday's gonna be busy busy coz the LEAN workshop thing's gonna run ALL day long at the 3K stadium in KJ and I'm involved in a lot of stuff like planning ice breaking games and registration and setting up... The type of activities that i kinda take interest in doing but not so much on a weekend... Sigh... Titine invited me to go watch Harry Potter with her, e ting and liang in wednesday and i excitedly agreed. Would be nice to see her again... Both Nut and Adam wanna go watch Die Hard with me... Hee... Everybody knows who wins here... LOL but honestly, bruce Willis?? I wouldn't mind going twice... So yes and yes..... Can't wait for that trip to the land of the free... Bungee jumping, ere i come!!!!!!

I've got about an hour of work left with absolutely nothing to do!! Why am i complaining?? Oh well!

PS: Cassie!! Ben!! Come visit me here...... I'm still waiting for you guys!! You can come ne time since i can hv my lunch ne time, s long s i only go for a break once la... So surprise me... Oh wait, don't, coz if i dunno ur comin, i'll probably pack lunch here from home.... Just tell me k... I'll be waitingggg.....

2 comments:

lw said...

hey dimi! congrats on the president thing. but we all knew all along you'd definitely get the post... hee :) all the best! i'm sorry i can't be a part of the committee with you, it would've been really fun. but if i am in kl and you have something going on, count me in. i'd be there :D

Dimi said...

Thx Dan Dan... I wasn't expecting it... But i'm really sad tht you guys aren't here to guide me through this!!! Will definitely call u if there're stuff going on, no worries.. I MISS U!!!! Will come to Penang after i finish working and after going to Kuching, hope u have space for me to crash coz i'm comin to ur hse, invited or uninvited...