Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Work Work and More Work

10:29 PM

The title says it all....

Tuesday

- Laminated food cards for mock buffet to be used during the soft launch this saturday...
- Was freakin scared when i entered the Admin dept on the fourth floor. Even Pei Ling who
worked there for ages seemed a little petrified. She made sure i had my temporary tag on and
told me that we were at the place where all the 'big bosses' offices were....
- Was more worried about the heels that i had on compared to anything else on me coz instead
of adhering to the code of ethics which strictly states that all staff should wear black cover toe
shoes, i was wearing my pretty heels... So while carefully placing each card into the laminating
machine, I oh-so-casually tucked my feet out of sight and hoped for the best....
- Turns out, scary people who observe the code of ethics are quite friendly after all...
- Some of them were worth emulating and some were just plain ick...
- Attended my second LEAN club meeting which was very official this time around...
- So apparently, I'm in charge of registration and the ice breaking games and some fitness assessment thingy which takes place early in the day..

Wednesday
- Cass called in the morning to cancel lunch with me coz of her voiceless-ness, didn't really mind coz having lunch with voiceless cassie who's always bursting with words would be toooo weird..
- Labelled place cards and coloured food pyramids at work today while freezing to death. Brrrrr.. Lost all will to hold another colour pencil.. Why in the world did i enjoy colouring when i was younger?!??!
- Something happened to the Internet connection so i was not able to log on to the net at work much to my disappointment.....
- As i was leaving, a slightly aged man approached me and asked me if i was a dietitian. Then he interrogated me on my race... "You Malay or Indian or Punjabi or...." "uhm.. Me? Ceylonese" "What you doing here, working as??" *Back of my mind - What you care, huh??!!? "Student, temp staff" "bla bla bla, yak yak yak, Me indian too!!" *Backof my mind* So?SO? (I think he expected me to say : oh, but u don't look Indian, didn't give him the satisfaction... "KK, me gotta run now, ciao uncle!!"
- Picked up Titin, Liang and Wannitta from college and together we drove to Pyramid to catch Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix... Met upp with Cassie and friends there and we sat together in a row despite being very much segregated and joint in between by Cassie...

My Style Review (*warning : spoiler ahead)

Movie started out okay but a bit too fast for my liking.. Found myself wondering when the part where Harry discovered Aunt Petunia knew about the magical world would come but it never did.... Harry was a very angry adolescent in this Potter installation... And the storyline was so jumbled up that i decided that i wasn't watching HP and the Order of the Phoenix, instead i was watching HP and the Order of the Parrot..... It was the only way i could stop comparing the book to the movie and halt my mind from going astray and thinking about this scene and that scene... Should've taught Cassie the technique coz ever so often she would start covering her face with both her hands and making a huge sign of an 'X' with her hands... Hilarious! My observations?
* Why does Voldermort look like a cross between a lard and the alien from M. Night Shyamalan's 'Signs'
* I think Luna's script was much longer than Hermione's this time around
* Ron appeared extremely subdued in the humour department... Where's the daft, funny Ron we used to know?!? Apart from one or two jokes, he was awfully serious this time around...
*All characters seem very adult-like, the guy's are broad and buff while the girls have lost the chubs and become lean and much more boodifool...
*The ladybug that did not appear ?!??!
As the movie progressed, i wondered if it was ending soon, nuff said...

-Went to Kenny Rogers after that, YEP! I've officially transformed into a Kenny Rogers junkie
- Good to bear witness to Titin's uncontrollable laugh, Liang's sick, perverted jokes and Wannitta's anxiety again.... Made me feel young and vibrant.. After working amidst doctors and seeing sick people day in, day out, i was beginning to lose that bouncy vibrancy so this outing was a good one........
- Liang told me that i had grown taller and i was over d moooooooon, Liang never lies... Does he?!?!?
- Sent Titin and Wannitta home the drove back just in time to catch Grey's Anatomy..
- Passed out on the couch during Grey's Anatomy, so pissed with self, decided to torcher self by not immediately going to bed but brushing teeth first... Muahahaah
- Promised self to catch repeat of Grey on Sunday and find out what the hell happened that led to the event of Addison Montgomery diving into bed with McSteamy...

Today
-Drew huge food guide pyramid on Mah Jong paper, have memorized it by now... Bleh
-Label
- Rotaract Meeting rescheduled
- Meeting up with Adam later *whee*

0 comments: