Friday, July 20, 2007

ThE DrEam

6:26 PM

" He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream, and he sometimes wondered whose it was, and whether they were enjoying it." - Douglas Adams

Do you know how many paper cuts I've acquired in the past few weeks??? Tonnes! Gazillions!! Every time I bathe / Wash my hands with soap / engage in any kind of actions involving lather or water, this annoying prickling pain throbs at my fingers.. My nails are unkempt for, I've not been pushing back my cuticles like I used to do religiously and never-been-seen-before fine lines are appearing on the tips of my fingers... Ugh! My hands are suffering the brunt of my erratic job... Yesterday, I so wisely shut the drawer on my finger only to yelp in pain and vow never to set foot within a mile of any drawers at all.... Predictably, i broke the vow right after making it. There're Drawers EvErywhErE!!!!

After all that, I'm still back here on a Saturday morning, praying that my hands will bear with me for two more weeks. Yep, two weeks!!! That's how long I've got left to be a working nomad... And as much as I hate to admit it, I think I'll be missing this place for a bit when I finally snuff the contract out... Zaida was telling me yesterday that the people here treat temps better than they treat their own staff and I'm beginning to think that it's true. Coz they DO treat me well and I've never felt like a stranger in this department. In fact, I actually feel completely at ease with these people.. Plus, on which other job is it possible to sit around and read mags and chat with your subordinates leaving all professionalism aside. And on which job do you get to browse the net til you start discovering gargantuan amounts of stuff and activities and opportunities that you never knew existed. My workload's pretty erratic. Like the weather. You can never predict when it's gonna be a hectic day and when you would just sit around willing for time to pass faster.

Had a meeting with Miss Yang, Pei Ling and Ghazali yesterday where I presented my ideas regarding the Amazing Race. Amazing Race is now officially the brainchild of me.. They accepted my ideas, nodded in agreement and were even pretty amused and supportive when i thought what i had planned was skimming on the edge of absurdity... I feel quite proud actually!!

Made a new friend from customer service today. Been seeing her around and we exchange smiles whenever we cross each other's path. Well, I finally spoke to her today and again... I'm beginning to get used to this....my race was the topic of discussion. Maybe, just maybe, my social circle has the potential to expand beyond my wildest dreams if people just kept wondering what race I am, or if I'm Malaysian at all...

So I'm thinking maybe YOU are right then.. Maybe, just somewhere out there, someone's wishing they were me. Wishing they had the life I was leading. Maybe my life is indeed someone else's dream??

0 comments: