Thursday, July 5, 2007

Busy Day...

1:23 AM

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life,
Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking,
Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice,
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
They somehow already know what you truly want to become.
Everything else is secondary.... -post-it on Pei Ling's buletin board

I feel that the above is directed to none other than me... Like, somehow, i was meant to stumble upon it while keying in Pei Ling's assignment for me today.... Again, I'm doing the un-ethical and blogging from the office. Oh well! I'm done with all my work so what the heck... Screw ethics!! LOL

Pei Ling has an angel fish which spends dawn and dusk in what seems to me like a milk glass in the confines of the freezing office room... ALL it ever does is rises to the surface occasionally and then falls back to the depth of the glass and stays there like it's dead.. I dunno why it's called an angel fish?!? It's grotesque shape kinda brings back torrid memories of Voldermort (...or should i say you-know-who).. Maybe it's just me? Embroiled in the hype of the current Harry Potter craze???

Anywayz, work today was GOOOOD... Sat in on my very first meeting with Dr. Chow and the two dietitians-Pei Ling and Miss Yang. There was endless discussion about the LEAN workshop and i listened in and gave opinions until my stomach began to growl... I just tuned out after that... I got to know Dr. Chow really well today. She's a part time paediatrician here with super cute son and a Malay-New Zealander hubby.. Cool eh? Don't want to elaborate on her personal life but she gave me insight to a lot of stuff that i had wondered about almost all my life... Tapping into her personal experience and expertise was invaluable. Maybe, just maybe, i'm a step to closer to what i want to be in the future....

Decided to get organized so I've started jotting down all my duties for the day in a notebook which has helped tremendously thus far. I just tick off the stuff i've completed and do the ones i haven't. Easy right?? LOL... Next monday will begin early for me, will have to help Dr Chow at BBBS so i end early too!! WHee!

Hmm...Nothing much to blog about and my day here ends in 5 minutes so here's Dimi reporting from the Nutrition and Dietetics department at Sunway Medical Center..

0 comments: