Thursday, June 28, 2007

Of texts and phone calls..........

5:11 PM

"The phone, bringing people together....
The static crackle that interrupts the connection, annoying people that matter..."
-you're probably wondering 'what the heck??!", well, guess what, i'm wondering that too-

There're dark clouds in the sky, gLoOmY morning..... I have no idea what to make of it, especially considering my interview at Sunway Medical Center is today... I'm saying a little prayer so that God will grant me a favour and keep his tears within the clouds til my interview's over. Funny, though, i have seriously NO idea what interning at the Nutrtition and Dietetics department's all about. I kinda forgot to ask when Miss Elisa told me about it coz i think i was too excited at the thought of the internship....

A Miss Teng from HR woke me up from my afternoon slumber and asked me to come over for the interview today. I almost laughed at how i gelabah-ly answered my cellphone when it started to ring. i'm sure you would've too if you had seen me... *eyes open, flashing around in psychotic movements* panic knocked unsteadily at my heart strings with thoughts of 'this one sure important! This one sure important!' swarming in my head. Entwined with thoughts of 'why now? why now?' *yawn*. *Stretch, tries to grab cell, slips outta clutch, grab, grab* Yay! Success! Got it!! *answers phone in husky, hoarse voice, still pretty blur* Miss Teng sounds a bit weirded out on the other end..... This happens all the time when i answer calls that jolt me from my slumber, the person on the other end starts wondering what kinda weird human being they're trying to make a conversation with.... Kee Tat, if i freaked you out the other day, I'm sorry! I was sorta dreaming in la la land when you called. Hee.... Why do people always call when i'm sleeping anyway? Oh the irony!! Back to subject matter, i was so blur that i asked her 'do you want me to start tomorrow???!!?" and she let out this funny giggle, mocking? ridicule? i dunno... and i quickly chipped in to redeem myself, "err, interview is it??".... She uh-huhed and that's how I ended up with this interview.. Now what should i wear??? eek!

Aneeewayyy, yesterday my cell was buzzing frantically with text messages which was superb considering i had no credit to reply anybody... (Again: Oh the irony!!)... And speaking of irony, if you read yesterday's entry, i expressed how i wanted the four of 'us' to go out and catch up... Well whaddya know?? The one of the four of 'us' txed and we're all set for our an appointment today!!! Wheeeeeeeee! So excited!!!!

Then Shaari from Havana Estudio texed informing me about the new hip hop dance class... Will tell you more about the Belly dancing classes today Chyi... LOL! And then coach Moon texed, asking me to go for the dinner gathering they were having for all the tennis players on saturday at Cendana Kiaramas...

And then Mike texed, to which i didn't reply... Sry Mike!! And then Nirmal texed, twice, an hour apart from each other... I called her and we chatted about how that dorky Even Stevens guy grew up and is starring as the lead actor in Transformers, and about the SATs, and about how much and long we sleep lately, and about when she'll be coming down again, and about what we were up to, and about the birthday party and about so many many things.... Absence makes the heart grow fonder, how true!!!!

Also got in touch with Jacintha to ask her to lunch with me today since she'll be leaving for Kuching this week but she's busy with her Visa and her mom's down so it's a no go. At least i WILL be seeing her again. Will be spending two nights in Kuching with her after the BRATs camp.... Wheeeeeeeeeeee! A month's wait won't be long right? *crosses fingers*

Then Adam called at night to confirm my trip.... OMG! I SO CaNnOT wait to see him!!!!!! He told me the details about his trip to Somalia, and about the stuff going on with him and about his course and about his experiences. And i was so JeAlOUs!!! Green with envy!! Jas, you're gonna have a really GREAT time in Harvard... And then i told him about my psychotic fetish for internships, and the Genting trip and about my non existent love life and about how much i was missing everyone......... Didn't want the conversation to end but it did, eventually... Hee...

PS: Cass, i would lurve to be your specimen subject in time to come, but be warned, this brain is a complex one........

PPS: Was looking up behavioural science yesterday and surprise surprise, behavioural science is indeed psychology!! So Cass, am shoving that in my pool of considerable courses to take...

1 comments:

Cassie said...

haha...why didn't u reply mike's sms?since you're like talking to him...ask him abt the bday thingy...i malas to check my mail box everyday..just to go "arrghhhh he haven reply!!!"

we should meet up..me,you n nirmal..ooo road trip to temerloh?and do they have internship for psychology in sunway medical?