Monday, September 28, 2009

Time of our Lives

12:14 PM

I've heard one too many times that you have the time of your lives at uni. And despite the immense stress that comes with it, the multitude of confusion, the assignments that grind you to the ground, the tests that makes your adrenaline rush more than a bungy jump ever would, I am beginning to agree. My life has never been so fulfilling. Coz amidst all that haste, there's a sense of belonging that fills me up with happiness. A purpose that drives me. Mornings to look forward to. An appreciation felt within unlike any other. Compared to my first year, my second year at Auckland uni has improved by leaps and bounds. My social network has widened seamlessly and my confidence has surpassed it's original threshold.

I have many people to thank. Many avenues to be grateful for. Friends to be appreciative of. Coz as of now, I am in a very happy place. And I know being here is transient, this phase may only be a temporary one in my many many phases. But right at this very moment, I am grateful to be here.


The lovely UMSA 09 committee (some) during our Raya open house celebration on Saturday. Had some really yummy food after we helped out in the morning. And then there was some heavy politicking in the air. I don't care much for politics. But I have decided to continue my journey with UMSA and elevate myself to the top 4 positions. I'm running for secretary next year. I know it won't be easy, but I'm ready to take on the challenges and enjoy the lows that will come with all the highs. There's so much I can never be too sure about but I take comfort in knowing that like it did this year, if I were to be elected again, UMSA will most definitely help me grow just as much or even more so next year.

Izzah, my Huia floor mate lent me her baju kurung. And I don't ever recall wearing a baju kurung, so I think this is the first time I've actually worn one.

Friday night was DV8 at Studio on KRoad. It was one of the final Asia events UMSA was involved in this year. Only went coz I managed to get a free ticket courtesy of the Asia clubs coz i helped publicize the event on Facebook. Was a pretty good night, but I am increasingly turned off clubbing these days. It's pretty pointless really, especially since I hardly drink and thus hardly become all crazy like everyone else.

haha. squishy. at Jie Huei's place for our version of the 'last supper'.

Allan doing the squishy. I've become really close to Allan of late. Been confiding in him a lot. And I hear out his problems as well. So it's a mutual agreement sort of thing. It just feels comfortable.

haha. love this one! But honestly, I HAVE to stop hanging out with these guys. It's robbing me off my innocence and drowning me in a pool of lame jokes. I think I have more than a healthy share under my sleeves at the moment.

playing the dancing game on Wii. super fun times!

although, it makes us appear ridiculous on pictures.

check out Tuan's sexy eyes. Jie Huei and I applied eyeliner and sparkly to them. Best thing was, he was fine with it.

The 09 committee that I will NEVER forget. too many memories. to much laughter. good times that cannot be replaced. love you guys!
check out this version of No Air by Boyce Avenue. I absolutely LOVE it. Way better than the original. I have it on replay =)

0 comments: