Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My intermission - Your entertainment

5:20 AM

because blogging is so much more appealing than writing an essay about Marx's alienation and Durkheim's anomie....

Holidays have been fantastic. Apart from the assignmenting bit.

Got invited to Wei-Yuen's last weekend. She insisted on delighting me with lunch and I obliged without much persuasion.

I absolutely love her room. You see. This is why I want to go flatting. So that I can embellish my room with non dull furnishings and make it my own.

Anyway, the hillarious tot made us all (Nath, Mark, me and herself) egg noodles as make shift spaghetti.

And then there was her one of a kind sauce. A tinge of tangerine slammed my tastebuds during initial contact but after a while the taste grew on me, so much so, I'm craving it just as I write this. There were shrimps and tomatoes embedded somewhere within the mound. And she garnished it with parsley, pepper (which we got to grind ourselves!) AND feta cheese. Delish! Aiyo. I want to experiment with my cooking skills. I NEED to. If only i had a proper kitchen and not a communal one where my pots and pans and chopping board AND knives get stolen. bah!

Ah. Classic Nathan. Music and Nath are inseperable. Like peanut butter and jelly. Like adenine and thymine bases on the DNA helixes. Like Nathan and Wei-Yuen. =) Complementary.

more snapshots of her room.

Martha Stewart in the making.

And then on Monday, social officer and long time friend Allan Ooi organized a laser strike event for UMSA. And where there's UMSA, there's the bunch of us crazy souls. And OMG. Laser strike is the ABSOLUTE bomb man. Must try! it's like paintball minus the pain. I didn't expect to have so much fun (or sweat so much....) but I did. And I met all these new faces, never knew they were members to begin with! And the best part of it all was getting to shoot people and run into them without and excuse. So funnnnn. If i had the chance, I'd go again and again and again and again. But one thing's for sure. Go in a gigantic group.

me and my sniper mate for life -Jie Huei. We always end up together. Whether it's washing dishes, acting in skits, shaking our booties and even in games like these. I'd never even imagine that I'd meet here again after BRATs Kuching 07 (where we were in the same group just as well!) but I guess that's the thing about unexpected twists in life. Love you Jie Huei!

Rayvin, Roger, Boon and Akbar. Loved being stuck in a car with these guys. Rayvin and his china apek jokes crack me up. Roger's the one with great advice. Good head on those shoulders man. Boon saves the day. You can count on him to. And Akbar. Ever reliable. Ever supportive. Ever gutsy. Equally crack up material. OMG. you guys should so watch his Vellu Annaa Air Asia X video clip for the ball. Just go to youtube and search vellu annaa. sure to find it. It's some hillarious shit. Swear you won't regret it.
Got back at 3 am after I hung out with the guys at Denny's and had to wake up early the next morning for mini golf with Fran, Sam, Yuen, Noob and Nath.
Yuen and Nath picked me up from Huia and off we went to the pirate themed mini golf course near the airport.

=)

just as close this year as we were last year.

me and sam. before exilation.

Fran and Noob.

My very first attempt at mini golf and I loved it. Loved the course!







love this one of them!



stylo milo noob

turns out, Nath's really competitive when it comes to err, almost everything so when I was winning on beginners luck, it got a little scary. eek. but I'm not competitive, I mean it's just a game so I was cool when Nath took the lead after seriously traumatizing me! But i came in at 2nd place. So yes. Golf may just be my niche.

Happy after finishing all 18 courses. I have no idea why i'm posing like Bozo the clown. Had to think quick. We put the camera on timer.

And then we went to this cafe nearby for a bite.

Perfect end to a perfect day. If only my essays would do themselves. sigh. Can't wait for BFM this weekend. I'm actually looking forward to tumbling in and out of the stage with Allan for our prop stint.

0 comments: