Friday, July 31, 2009

Unexpected Expectations

6:54 PM

so. the week was crazy to put it in simple terms. and i absolutely loved everything about it. all the mini coincidences that took me by surprise. the tiny stumbles. leaving little crumbles. the conversations. and echoing laughter. the thrills and frills. it was like a little wrapped package of surprises one day after another. or like yummy Hershey Kisses tumbling out of an automatically refillable wrapped bottle.

Invitations to this and that have been pouring in. I jump at the chance to be included in the free ones. The ones that require a fee make me hold onto my cash tightly. But then again, you can never be too conscious of the leak...

It's also that time of the semester again where UMSA is on a roll with it's events. Dessert Night was on Friday followed by cultural mosaic in the morning. Had fun at both. The ball is a month away with heaps of preparation on the agenda. I'm on the marketing team which means publicising the event - posters, tickets, seating plan. the works. AND as usual, we're doing the whole skit thing again only this time with more songs and longer =O So rehearsals are inevitable. Jie Huei recently choreographed a simple Jai Ho dance for the committee to perform. Am loving it =D

Followed Melitta to Sorrento in the Park up on One Tree Hill for her job interview on Saturday. It's the perfect place to hold wedding receptions and she was being interviewed for a waitressing position. I kinda wanted to try out as well but they had already filled all the positions when i e mailed them just a couple of days after she did. Ah well. Just my luck I suppose.


went to one of those little cafes which i absolutely adore just before her interview coz we had an hour to kill.


she shouted my soy mocha!!! happiness! I love NZ for all it's scattered quaint little cafes! and i LOVE savouring the foam on top of my beverages before letting it wash down my throat =)

Entrance to Sorrento

Lovely setting within the park.

0 comments: