Friday, July 24, 2009

BacktoBasics

1:15 AM

Wanna know why people grow fat in Auckland? Precisely coz of this....... one serving size here is sufficient to feed four starving children in Africa....


Had dinner at barbeque king with Su Lyn on thursday. An outing that made me realize how many such similar ones would remain a priviledge in the future. Coz not only did I successfully waste all the rice that settled beneath the nutritious fish, tofu, vege and pork toppings but also coz I've now resorted to using cash instead of my eftpos card in a desperate attempt to scrimp and save. Left me feeling full tho, and not in a bad way either.


This was Su Lyn's chicken something something. Clearly I was paying more attention to what she had to say than what went into her mouth. And a good thing too coz our meeting on thursday was loooonnngggggg overdue.

Auckland skies as I was transported back to Huia after my ten hour flight. I was accused of escaping winter. Guilty as charged. I returned to a rather refreshing sort of coolness that got out of hand every once in a while. Apart from the rough rainfall that attacked my window last night, I have established peace with the weather here. It's been behaving.

It still feels like I'm walking in a cloudy suspension though. I've been thinking. And after speaking to my mum last night, I think maybe I really should shorten my degree here for a bit. Now that I think of it, a conjoint is pretty pointless considering I can do a double major in both psychology and economics via an arts degree and finish off in three years. And THEN i could think about doing my masters instead. If you're reading this mumsy, I'm sorry you heard it through the blog first. Will call you as soon as I've gathered sufficient information that would be of importance to our finances. And yes. I will have no BSc to parade around and only a BA to be proud of which is every Asian person's nightmare but who cares about every asian person.

Which brings me to another concern. Today I went into the kitchen, I hesitantly peeked into my basket. and I emphasize hesitantly coz of the premonition that had wrapped itself around my head. And yes. Just as I predicted. Beloved pot, GONE. Normally I would be pissed. Normally, I'd try putting a hex on the person who asked for the hex to be put on him/her. Normally, I'd sprint out to make an impulse voodoo doll purchase so I could puncture it with acupuncturesque needles. Normally. But today I just didn't care. It felt liberating.

No. I am not going to buy another pot and give them the liberty of taking it. I am just going to make do with what's in there. Perhaps someone forgot to inform me that all kitchen utensils were to be shared. Now that I know, gladly.... =D

What else have I been doing since I got here? Attending hat parties. Coming up with poster ideas for the UMSA Ball. Hunting down designers to come up with the posters. Hanging out. Hanging in. Sniffing my way around to siphon textbooks from other people. Living the boring life pretty much.

I shall end with the photo that he begged me not to put up on my blog. Sorreh Mr. Hamannop, for what it's worth, I think you rawkkkkk! hehehehhe Let's go on that walking trip now shall we?

0 comments: