Thursday, January 8, 2009

Anjing Saya

8:07 AM

When I was a kid my parents got me a dog. It was a labrador (is that how u spell it?!?). Being a puppy and all, it was teeny, and awfully cute. And it would fall asleep in my arms. I wouldn't let it sleep. Coz then all I could do was feel the expansion and contraction of it's tummy against my hand. I needed it to be active and wriggling all over me ~ATTENTION WHORE~. Neither did I let go of it much. Grandad used to scold me. He said puppies needed to run wild and free. Otherwise they'd just be gay. Ok. He didn't say it that way. In fact, I don't think my grandad ever said the word 'gay'. Aneewayy, I was afraid that if I let it go, then it'd run away and never come back. ~INSECURITY~

The puppy eventually grew into a rather bony labby despite it's extensive diet. And it became extremely fond of me. ~LOYAL~ Whenever I set foot into the lawn, it'd go completely crazy. And it would launch itself in the air and propel it's energy against me. I hated this. And thus, I decided, I didn't like it no more. Coz the puppy that I so very adored in the beginning of time had continued to grow and become a full fledged canine in my absence. ~UNFAITHFUL~ Everytime I came back, it looked different to some extent. ~CHANGE~ And each time, I raced faster to get into the house just so I could escape the leaps of love that ensued my arrival. ~IGNORANCE~

I think the dog died after a while. And when it lay there lifeless, I wasn't around to wake it up anymore or feel the non-expansion n contraction of it's stomach. I just accepted the fact. But returning to that house was never the same again. Just as swiftly as it was gone, I craved the attention that the dog had showered me with. And I realized..............~TAKING FOR GRANTED~


It was never coming back.
Erm. I can't remember what the point of this post was. ~SHORTATTENTIONSPAN~
O yea...
Eversince, I've always wanted another dog. So I could treat it better and not smother it til it became too dependent. But God said : No. And locked me away in an apartment. So that all dogs were salvaged from the beast that I was.

5 comments:

Cassie said...

er this is weird.but this post almost made me tear.

Dimi said...

awww! cassie!! there there... JJ has a new doggie btw. It's so cute! we missed u at the picnic today =(

lw said...

yeah! i agree wif cassie. it made me so sad

Dimi said...

rreally? i guess i was feelin a bit emo when i wrote tht. HAven't been checkin my blog often enuf daniele... miss u!

jia yin~ said...

such a nice post.
bring tears.. but a good 1..
take care,
neway i m yin here~=)