Thursday, December 27, 2007

Resurrection

5:35 AM

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!! .....with a BANG!

Haha. Not so much. So what have I been doing u might ask?? WhErE should I begin?? I've been on mountain peaks (literally!) bearing witness to breath takin views!! Sunsets. Sunrises. Everything!!! With my evil (...angelical) spawns with me, the experience was even more surreal, with the many extreme highs and the tolerable lows. It is indeed the journey that counts more than the destination although the destination was equally spectacular. Sadly, I have no pictures. Spawn brought along his giant camera which takes panaromic pictures and all other cameras were instantly deemed inferior. They will be out on his Picasa web sometime soon and *fingers crossed* I will be able to put up the link here.


So. I've missed this! Trying to come up with figuratively flowery sentences while describing my everyday experiences.


Anyways, after coming back, I indulged in more rotaract projects. Wheee. (ok, nt so much) We (Shaun, Leez, Lee Hua and I) painted Joel's new house to build funds for the club. Although, at the moment, we're still considering splitting the money amongst the four of us due to the overwhelming workload. Still, it was fun, scraping paint off, being sprayed by shaun every now and then, bobbing to Piece of Me by the infamous Britney Spears, complaining and feeling the effects of therapeutic gate painting.




The painters....



The feature wall that we painted amongst all other walls and grills!

Subconsciously, (...couldn't have been consciously, could it?) spent lotsa time with Ben these past few weeks. Went to the movies to watch AVP (coz no one else wanted to! Bah!) at Gardens yesterday, visited his house...err, i mean mansion... last week and watched American Pie in his TV room!!, spent the wee hours of the morning talking about the art of seduction (Ben style..) at McDs, had Vietnamese dinner with him and Cally the Babe. Wow. Who would've thunk eh? It rocks to hang out with Ben!

Yes! Exactly! How do I spend so much time with this.... thing? LOL (jk ben!)

Mom's birthday was on the 23rd and we took her to Victoria Station for an exquisite evening of wining and dining. The tiger prawns there are to die for! They sang for mom with a complimentary Brownie on the house. So everyone was HappEE. Walked around Bangsar Complex later. Family time! Has been quite a while.


Mummy and Us

Christmas was the BOMB too. I had no expectations for it. Like, minimal - stay at home, watch tv til the cows come home - the usual un-adventurous stuff. But it was pretty special in a way. Mom bought Tiramisu cake in the morning!!! Finished it on the day itself. Tiramisu sponge cake is the best. Felt like a ball of lard throughout the day though. I ate like SO much!!! Got the BEST present from mom! And Trixie got me a present TOO! I totally needed both! And my earrings look so organized now. Got invited for a Christmas lunch at USJ, one of mom's long time friend's place. Gorged down the best Briyani ever and there was pot roast, and amazing mutton rendang and sweet pineapples. Plus Amarula for dessert which we shared. While mom chatted with the folks there, Trixie and I camwhored, completely oblivious to everything going on around us. Was the best half and hour or so. Giggling and camwhoring with your sister while sipping on Amarula produces endorphins. Trixie tagged me on facebook with the silly pictures, go SEE and have the laugh of your lives. Our expressions were ridiculous.

Christmas Morning

The Bed Heads


My presents - skin care from mumsy

And... earring display holder from Trixie!!

Went to visit Tennis Coach Moon after that. Finally got a good look at his wife and son. Gosh, his son is a potential knock out, I swear. Kicked Trixie's ass at chess when we came back. Turns out, I still have skills from those primary school days when I used to win tournaments (correction : it was A tournament).

Yesterday was another awesome day. The rotaractors and interactors finally paid the rather overdue visit to Cheshire Home, the home that we raised the money for during the carwash early this month. Finding the place was like going through an impossible maze, but it was a whole lotta fun with Cassie and Ben in the car with me. When we reached, the journey, as exhausitng as it was, was clearly worth it. The senior citizens there craved attention and it all showed in the way their eyes twinkled when they spoke to us about their endeavours. I felt a special connection with Mercy, an albino animated lady with an infectious laughter. She could sing in all languages and entertained me with her stories. I couldn't help thinking about how much my grandmother and her would get along. Leaving them was rather tough but we pulled through, with fond memories etched within us.

Had dinner at Nandos in Subang Parade with the interactors before dispersing.

The next few days marks more shopping sprees for me. Whee! Come quick new year! I await you! Await a review of year 2007 coming soon on my blog.... Til then, toodles.

You know you love me!

ps: I joined facebook for valid reasons!!!! Bleh.

1 comments:

tha said...

yes and the valid reason is (well one of it) ME for getting facebook. weeeeeeee oh i got an earring hanger for my sis too its like psychic connection! hey email me or something on ur going away in like details. i just look thru to ur blog. just went for window shopping the whole day quite tired now but i'll update u soon as well. oh and OMG the amount of earrings u have!!! i lose now. ;p love u as always. xoxoxoxo