Saturday, December 29, 2007

Another Night Out

10:35 PM

Gratitude. Appreciation. Giving thanks No matter what words you use, they all mean the same thing. Happy. We're supposed to be happy. Grateful for friends, family. Happy just to be alive. Whether we like it or not. - Greys Anatomy, season 2


Got invited to watch Chris's band performing at Backyard Pub in Hartamas yesterday, so Ben, Leez and I got ready for another night out on the road. Little did I know that it was indeed a long road trip before the we reached our destination, thanks to Ben and his last minute antics. Yesterday was supposed to be the day when I got to sit in the passenger's seat and enjoy the thrills of watching someone else drive. I wish la k! Hours later, I somehow found myself taking the same road to Puchong to pick up Leeza and then, I miraculously headed to Sri Petaling with all the gusto of an F1 driver in order to pick up Ben and make it to Chris's gig in time. Sigh. Yes. I am finally starting to feel the tension of having my own car. Anyways, Ben repaid me in petrol and toll money plus he paid for ALL the drinks, so I am easily letting this slide. He'll be pickin me up and sending me home for our New Year's celebration as well, so I wasn't sulky for long.

Anyways, Chris's band was pretty good. It was different. Like a quirky twist to the normal spunk. Hmmm, Shoelaces Untied indeed. (...tht was the name of their band) There weren't enough places to sit, so we ended up standing around for a while til Ben's food arrived. Found a place to sit soon after and heard the music from afar. There were many familiar faces there. Mostly the MPSians and a couple of CHSians. Leez and I were like, hmmmm.... and Ben was, as blur as always in his self proclaimed under dressed state.

Shoelace, Untied....... Chris is the one on your far left, playing the guitar

His brother's the vocalist....

Since drinks were on him, Leez and I felt free to order a shot of Baileys followed by Malibu. Costing RM 13.90 per drink, the servings were nothing near generous. I personally think they served us a drop and topped it up with shaved ice followed by giant blocks of ice to make it look somewhat worth it. But who cares! I enjoy drinking diluted Baileys... laugh all you want! Malibu was slightly coconut-y though, not my personal favorite.

Me and Leez, while waiting for our drink

Ben and Leez - Pink in the face already

Leez, posing with the Malibu and my new frameless glasses....

In his druken, tomatoe faced state, Ben decided to become a mixer and produce his own shots. So he mixed his beer with diluted Baileys and coconutty Malibu to produce the Ben-coction. Needless to say, Leez and I were forced to drink this.


Now he's red in the face!!! CHeers!

After Chris's performance, we headed over to Uncle Don's, opposite Hartamas Sq coz all Leez and I were hearing the entire night from BimboBen was syishar, syishar, syishar.... syishar this, syishar that....... bla bla bla. SO down that road we headed. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves....


Syishar arrives, a contrast of red and blue....




Me- in my most agonizing "should-I-stick-to-my-values???" look


Ben goes first......... Done like a pro *applause*

Leez giving it a shot

And finally, muah.... I was a disgrace ok! F.A.I.L.

While heading home, guess who we bumped into?? Esther!!! The only thing that ran throught my mind when a car pulled up ever so close right next to me and started honking was, what a perve!!!, til I saw Esther's head plodding around in the car that is. Hillarious.

By the way, I got my eyebrows threaded, thanks to the constant prodding of my sister and other parties. They weren't too bad to begin with okayyy! And now, I look like the person above with my hair straightened and a trite smile. Yes, apparently, this is the way I should smile... My usual signature wide smile should supposedly be banished to never never land. SIgh. I've decided NOT to straighten my hair (.....it's much tooooooo common these days) but to invest in a hair straightener for special occasions instead. ANd, just so you know, I canNOT, and will NOT hide my wide smile........... unless I'm posing for a camera. Take me as I am or leave me. *flashes tongue*

Can't wait for New Year's eve already. Stay tuned for more updates!

You know you love me!

xoxo

0 comments: