Thursday, November 1, 2007

Fight or Flight??

12:55 AM

Meredith: Human beings need a lot of things to feel alive.
George: Family . . .
Cristina: Love . . .
Izzie: Sex.
Derek: But we only need one thing . . .
Burke: To actually be alive.
Cristina: We need a beating heart.
Addison: When our heart is threatened . . .
Alex: we respond in one of two ways.
George: We either run or . . .
Izzie: we attack.
Chief: There's a scientific term for this:
Alex: Fight . . .
Addison: or flight.
Bailey: It's instinct . . .
Meredith: We can't control it.
Izzie: Or can we?

I'm still in shock at what I received in my mail today. It's a completely reasonable mail under normal circumstances. But putting me into the equation and my fears and the fact that I never seem to stop complaining about my incompetence in this area. This proposal is indeed shock worthy.

I have another favor to ask from you. Can you be one of the emcees for the duration of the conference? The rotarians in Penang has requested that rotaractors handle the opening ceremony too.I'm asking you because I think you are experienced to be an emcee as I'm not that confident about the rest in my list. Do consider about it, OK?

I had to sms the sifu of all emcees, Shaun, just to be sure I was reading right. And to be completely certain that if I did accept the offer, I would still be deemed a sane woman. I think this subject needs further deliberation considering I almost had a minor nervous breakdown the last time I took the podium. Oh when oh when will I rock the podium? Plus, he doesn't even know me. We've spoken briefly on the phone but have yet to meet. So in terms of appropriacy, this is very hell bent.

So fight? Or should I take the next flight outta here?

Was in the middle of a literature test back there, so if you'll just excuse me......

6 comments:

Cassie said...

ppl assume that you're a good speaker,which you can be!,because you're a president..woOps i mean THE president =)

and like i said,no one is born a good speaker..or emcee..practise makes perfect..i don't believe in perfection,so in this case almost perfect..

how much were you geared in convincing me to go for this sun night's event?use that same determination to work yourself to be that emcee..

haha i'll be glad if i got a chance to emcee =D so take this as an opportunity to learn and gain experience..you can only get better!

so fight...you're a fighter not a flighter..woOps..no such word right?=p

Dimi said...

wheeEEee! thanks cassie! Calvin called me yesterday to persuade me again. And I kinda wanna take up the challenge in a way. So I guess I'll give it a shot. Oppotunities like these don't come by very often do they?

tha said...

take the flight. though i've only witness ONE occassion of you being an emcee (Ever After), you're good. yes you can be nervewrecking before the whole things starts but thats just everybody. you were flawless.

trust me you wouldn't be getting the damn letter if you didn't 'do your thing'. think of it as a repayment for working your butt off during the installation. so go for it!

3 down. do you still want more? haha ;p x x

Dimi said...

I was flawless? LOL No way, maybe flawlessly flawful. LOL. But thanks for the compliments tha. I already accepted the offer. *Hugs*

mike said...

u are a negative being.. this will be good for u.. :p

"how much were you geared in convincing me to go for this sun night's event?use that same determination to work yourself to be that emcee.." agreed..

u'll do fine.. as always..

Dimi said...

awww! thanks mike! n thanks for coming n helping... The conversion table was like in greek to me. LOL. BTW, will be goin out with Shereen this coming Saturday. Join us!