Friday, November 9, 2007

The Festival of Lights...

12:39 AM

... aka, Deepavali or Diwali..

She, mummy and me - We!


Yup. I'm sure most would have gotten an updated interpretation of what, where, who and when on Cassie/Mike/Shereen's blog. The version that you didn't get, was one of me waking up extra early to make the cucumber yogurt thingy. First comes the washing, then the skinning, then the taking out of the middle part thing, then the shredding into nothingness, then the squeezing of all the water to come out, then the mixing with yogurt.... Amongst all the other hardcore preparing that came along. So apprec8 okayyy!

Anywayz, thanks for coming mike, cassie and shereen. Invited ben and JJ but they had to work.And nirmal, u were alllll the way in Pahang.
Shu Chyi, Leeza and Lee Hua,
Tolong jangan marah,
U guys can still come and ziarah,
Bila bila masa sahajah....
Darn. Most of the words that rhymed were malay words. Hope this poem (pantun) makes up for me not asking you guys over. Coz asking people over is such tricky business. You have to make sure all your guest know each other and talk to each other and just click. So to ALL my dear dear friends, who I did not personally invite, just wanna let you know that my house is FULL of candies, so please come and EAT!

Had to force myself to eat muruku while quizzing my sister on sejarah at 10 pm at night. Shit la. You know what eating at 10 pm can do to the size of your ass right? Anyhow, turns out, my sejarah is still pretty ok. Thanks to the over repetition of sejarah questions throughout the many years, St. Ignatius Loyola and the whole gold, gospel, glory thing remains fresh in my memory amongst many many other random facts. Ugh. I remember the oddest details about zaman gelap and Nabi Muhammad.

University of Tasmania's offer came in early this morning. Was offered a 25 percent scholarship on tuition fees. An e mail stating that the University of Adelaide is in the midst of processing my application also arrived in the mail. And the scariest one was the e mail from Dinesh reminding me about the DRR visit and what I needed to prepare, ie: my plans for rotaract year 07/08. Errrr, I went into this with the hopes of sailing through. So, yes, I have to whisk out a plan in the couple of days that I have left. And then went to JM to pick up a parcel from Auckland U which contained forms for visa apps and health insurance and accommodation/flight details and the works. Wow. This is all moving so fast. I can't believe I'm about to be a nobody in no time.
I'll leave you with some pictures. Some people have an obsession with my sister you see, *coughbencough*, so feast your eyes on the babe that she is. I sincerely hope that you're not doing much else with your fingers (ur free to interpret this which ever way u wish to) over there while looking at the pics.

For Ben (who's obsessed with her) and Mike (who didn't really see her)

And the others who adore her... please, feast ur eyes

My sister - The babe

0 comments: