Thursday, July 19, 2007

Regrets?? Nah....

5:19 AM

"Regret comes in all shapes and sizes. Some are small like when we do a bad thing for a good reason. Some are bigger like when you let down a friend.Some of us escape the pain of regret by making the right choice. Some of us have little time for regret because we're looking forward to the future. Sometimes we have to fight to come to terms with the past, and sometimes we bury our regret by promising to change your own ways.But, our biggest regrets are not for the things we did -- but, for the things we didn't do. Things we didn't say that could've save someone that we care about. - Adaptation from One Tree Hill Season 4

I was reading all the new quotes from One Tree Hill that I haplessly copied and pasted in a document not too long ago.. Was too lazy to go through them tediously while I was browsing the site so i just copied and pasted mechanically, glassy eyed... At that moment all I was really concerned about was how I had suddenly run out of quotes to start off my blog entries to the point of me digging and rummaging through my brain for my own inventions... Don't ask me why i go through the trouble... Just like Paris Hilton's thing is being bimbotic and Angelina Jolie's thing is being overly benevolic, this is my thing.... Aneeway, I eventually came across the above paragraph and I personally think that it cannot get tru-er than the aforementioned...

There are things in life that i regret doing... Some t0e-curling, cringe worthy things that bring back nothing more than pure humilition everytime the memory is recaptured... But my biggest regrets are not being able or much rather being too fearful to go out there and do stuff that I wanted to....

So to that someone who I kinda jeopardized my friendship with last year, I feel like I owe you an apology... There was a lot to loose and I knew it and still I acted on my emotions without taking so much into consideration... It was not right of me to do what I did and put you in an awkward position.... That said, I have never regretted letting the truth slip. The only thing I would've regretted was if i did not do it. Coz then I would've perpetually felt that there was hope when there was none of it to begin with... I'm glad that we've moved on from that and not let the friendship completely falter....

All that aside.... *sweeps*

Went out with Ad@m a couple of days ago... We've both been so busy, he, catching up with friends and relatives, me, with LEAN club and work (....not that I work every hour, but yea...) so seeing him again was refreshing... It was like finally revisiting a place where all your familiarity lay.. Since it was his turn at picking movies to watch, I ended up with this sick sense of deja vu and jelly legs after watching Die Hard 4.0 and Harry Potter yet again. We ended up walking almost a kilometre to this quaint little cafe at I-dunno0-where after that and we talked and talked and TaLKed and i think i got a little tipsy from all the fruit punch I was downing haphazardly... It felt good to have my bestfriend back. The best thing is, nothing about him has changed. He's still rumpled, smelly ol' @d@m.

The last couple of days have been rather uneventful in the office. The glitter and dust from the workshop has just begun to settle and there's not much ground work for me to cover so mostly i sit in the office and surf the net or when someone else needs to use the PC, I just read the CLEO mags i have stashed in my new vintage bag.... Verry relaxing... Oh, and I've been relocated... Or much rather banished from my original designation. Yup, as cruel as this may sound, I now have no office and am officially transformed into a nomad admin assistant in the Dietetics dept. But before you let slip all those slandering remarks about office politics, neglect and whatnots, i kinda find this amusing.... I'm sure Mas does as well.. She laughs hysterically whenever i shift my stuff from the waiting room to the diet technicians dept and to the consultation room whenever either one is being occupied by someone more senior than i am, which honestly, is like everyone i know..... LOL... But at least I now have more of a social life at work as opposed to last time when i used to be cooped up in that cold cold room, left to stone in front of the PC screen til 5 pm came and I barged outta there....

My work shift has changed as well. Now I only come in at 9 thirty and stay til 6... Which is a good thing... Miss Yang said that due to patient privacy concerns, the new changes were unavoidable... Not that I couldn't be trusted or anything la, it was just a matter of rules... And since they let me go without lecturing me about wearing slippers to work, i think I owe this one to em... Besides, exposure to Sangeetha humming out my name every now and then sends me smiling and giggling... And Daphne confides in me every now and then, about how she regrets not doing pharmacy (.....u see, another person regretting what she DID NOT do) and how people there are sometimes rude to her. I sympathise with her but that's the last thing she needs so instead of conveying my sympathy, i try to encourage her in every way possible...

Made the programme booklet for the two day LEAN camp today and it looks pretty spectacular to me... Still, I don't know what the team would have to say about it.... If they dislike it, I would have to re do the entire thing which I don't mind doing coz that was sorta fun.... My creative juices were floOoOwing... And i think yesterday, Dr. Chow made me write an article regarding my views on the project. Look out for it in Youth 2 -the Star, it just might be published, not totally positive yet... That was a tricky ordeal coz I had to reveal what I really felt about it....

Was a little startled when Pei Ling asked me if i was single or attached today. She just blurted it out and the atmosphere didn't even call for such a question at that particular moment in time... It was like seeking hospitality in an inhospitable environment, if u get my drift... I think she sensed my shock coz she was a lil sheepish after that... But not for long coz later, she asked if i had ever been in a relationship before and i was like, where's all this comin from?!? Nevertheless, I answered and asked her the same questions in return and before you know it, we were chatting like bossom buddies....

Was invited to Mimi and Pei Ling's birthday party after work.. They were having a combined celebration at some Balinese place in Puchong and everyone was persuading me to come along. As much as i wanted to ( why wouldn't I? I'm alwiz up for an outing,....) I really had to forego this one coz surprise surprise, I'm broke... Yes, me, the I-can-never-EVER-resist-an-outing girl finally admits that she's too broke to indulge in her selfish fetish... Sigh...

Come to mama paycheck, come, come.... *entices*

*yawn* I should go now.... Been passing out infront of the tv a lot these days...

0 comments: