Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Wake Up Call

10:17 PM

"It seems that if you or i must choose between two courses of thought or action,
we should remember our dying and
try so to live that our death brings no pleasure on the world" - John Steinback

So the Genting trip is finally over... Came back yesterday and a huge gigantic black cloud just hung over my head for most of the evening, not merely because the trip was over and all the fantasies regarding how the trip was going to turn out warped into thin air but mostly coz the PC was cranky again. When i slotted the memory card in to save the pictures on my pen drive the screen went pitch black and just like that, i lost a couple of pictures.... Individual ones with Case, Ben, Daniele and Nirmal and a couple from Wannitta's birthday party... Since this PC despises me so much that the mere sight of me completely turns it off, i have decided to begin my hunt for a laptop much sooner than i intended it to be.... I see money 'poofing' into thin air again but i'm gonna have to get one eventually. Went to sleep right away to avoid snapping at anyone and bringing everyone down with me..... So, for those of you who intend to get pictures from me, you're gonna have to wait for me to overcome my fear of losing anything else via this PC...

The trip was pretty good but it was the company that was better. I guess, if i weren't with my classmates and the conditions were similar, i wouldn't have liked it very much.... Those two days really made me realize a lot more than i expected to. Actually, the whole trip was kinda unpredictable in a way.... We missed our first bus and ended up taking an LRT to Gombak only to hitch a taxi ride to the highlands which was kinda fun in a weird way. We chose to go to the theme park in the worse weather possible - wet, rainy, misty, windy. The next day turned out to be bright and shockingly appropriate for outdoor activities... Nobody's fault coz the weather never fails to play cruel jokes on people, just like my PC plays cruel jokes on me.... So yea, that was two amongst the couple of unpredictable twist of events....

Anyway, I was not as depressed at the thought of separation as i expected myself to be and at times, i even had more fun than i expected to have and strangely, i managed to get more sleep than i expected to get.... So this whole trip kinda exceeded my expectations in a good way... Realized a lot of stuff about many people that i did not see before, sides that i either chose not to see or just was not as important. First impressions never fail to deceive and that was even clearer to me as i trudged around with the people that i had grown to love and adore throughout the course of these one and a half years... It was a short two days, a journey filled with laughter and memories which i will cherish for a long long time.

I guess the main reason i did not have tears to spare was coz I knew that everyone would stay close to my heart regardless of time and distance. I knew that i, for one, had fulfilled my role as a friend. I was never mean to anyone, treated everyone with respect and apart from moments when i had surprisingly little to stay although my mind boggled relentlessly with thoughts, i'd like to think that i was good company. Ultimately, like John Steinback wrote, i don't think my death will bring any pleasure to the world.....

There're also a few minor things that i've come to realize, Number 1: I may always suck at bowling but i think i kinda enjoy it.... I guess i just embrace the joy it brings and discard the tense moments that fill the air (or at least the air that surrounds me) when the ball rolls into the drain.... Number 2: I may never overcome my fear of feeling weightless (ie: riding the solero shot thingy or any other similar terror ride). Number 3: As ridiculous as this is going to sound, the cups thing drives me crazy. Went completely hysterical when I went for it with Daniele and Nirmal, like my brains were gonna explode and scatter all over the place. I think Sing Huey will agree with me on this one. Number 4: Many people aren't tolerant of alcohol, sleeplessness, walking around in the rain/cold for an extended amount of time and eating overpriced and rather sucky food. On the second day, everyone seemed rather corpse like. Titine was sick, Wannitta felt nauseous and despised the sight of carbs (her words), Nirmal was fine on the first day but seemed exhausted the next morning (Maybe coz we slept on the floor the whole time, thanks to the gentlemanly acts of the selfless guys in S2), Case was well, Case.... Sau Liang seemed like an uncharged battery. And i think almost everyone got asked, "Are you ok?", at least once by someone else.... I didn't, hee, so i guess i looked/seemed fine and honestly, i didn't feel to bad. Number 5: Gentings is kinda boring without good company... Good place to gamble, not so good for anything else... Number 6: Never go anywhere thinking that you're not gonna get you're hair dirty so a wash is not necessary... Number 7: Card games rock!!

So there, the trip in a nutshell. Will miss everyone dearly but yesterday's sleep was priceless! Dreamt about destroying this PC with a sledge hammer and woke up with a huge smile on my face at eleven ish....

My tickets to Kuching have been booked.... Mum's real quick, she's like road runner on a roll.. So i guess i will be going to that camp whether i like it or not... Also gonna check out my options of studying at a uni locally since it does not seem too disastrous and we're kinda low on the finance front at the moment...

That's that.

1 comments:

Cassie said...

i will wait for the pics =) and what do you mean by an uncharged battery?hehe

hey,i got it bad for the spinning cup too,k?=p

and i love you!miss hugging you..