Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Miss.....

4:01 AM

I should get rambling before I become way to busy to blog again. Sprawled on my to-do list is already a good number of things to do. The semester started this week. Three days into it and I've not done much apart from catching up with old friends and trying to get my enrolment settled. Thankfully, I am feeling ALOT better from perhaps a month ago. I recognize the familiar zest for life that I used to possess. Maybe it's just a hint of what the full blown zest is on normal levels, but even hints are a blessing at this point.

I'm enrolled in neuroscience, gender pyschology, public economics and international business as a gen ed paper this semester. Am finding gender psych particularly interesting coz of it's content and public economics interesting coz of the lecturer. Still a little iffy about neuroscience coz it contains a lot of neuroimaging and neurodegenerative disease content and it's apparently a very mentally taxing paper but I am pretty positive that I will do moderately well in that paper. And international business seems a little dry to me, sadly, so i might switch to physics as a gen ed. Ah well, time will tell.

On to more interesting stuff. I rediscovered my love for some things during the winter break. Things that I lost touch with when everything seemed hectic and rushed and when I was seemingly in a frenzy of worries and deadlines. It really is weird how the simplest things that are familiar can make you feel like a whole different person. Sometimes I think I don't know myself well enough, my limitations, strengths, how to make the burdens of a hundred acres lift off my shoulders. Mine is a life of constantly underestimating my strengths, overestimating my limitations and ignoring the little things that bring a smile to my face. I think I owe it to myself sometimes to take some time off and rediscover the world and myself in a different light. And thankfully I have many good friends to do it with and mummy and Akash to constantly remind me to see my glass as half full instead of half empty.


Took me the whole of the first semester to realize that the number of hours I spent with Melitta this year was miniscule compared to last year. And that was something I missed dearly and did not realize in the haste of many things. I miss having girly gossips with a good girlfriend. Talking for ages about other people and how they were with this person or that person and what happened there and with who and how. Cooking together. Wedging ourselves infront of the tv together. I miss all that. It seems like this year I conveniently left all that out to compensate for other things. Where I used to have Leeza, Joanna, Cassie, Melitta, this year I was deprived. But a plan will be executed now that this realization has settled in. I'm all set for zumba with Melzers and Kailas every Fridays and Saturdays and that'll settle my appetite for a girly rush hopefully.


I miss taking pictures like these. Moments when you feel you just have to stop to capture the scene that lies before you, well in this case, above you.

I miss having soy hot chocolate at Starbucks where the atmosphere is sombre and you feel like one of those elite people. And yes, no matter how much I enunciate and spell out my name to the baristas, it always ends up as 'Demi'....


I miss long walks in the blithering cold at the Viaduct harbour.


I miss the satisfaction that comes with baking. A hunger that I think I have satisfied well throughout the break.


I miss walking in someone else's pants. Not literally. But this picture is the real deal. Those are Akash's pants.. LOL.


And finally, I miss receiving chocolates as gifts. Joy. Unraveling the pretty wrappers and having soft chocolate cascade over my tongue. Utter joy.

0 comments: