Sunday, November 15, 2009

SheBakes!

4:46 AM

Talk about emancipation. Ah. I is so free! It feels like swimming through low grade viscosity chocolate. And speaking of chocolate, I was at it again when I decided to put my baking skills to the test. After finally ending my gym hiatus today, I spent the whole afternoon in the occasionally empty communal kitchen perfecting my baking skills. Baking is so FUn! I think it's my own personal form of projection. Now I understand what Kailas talks about when she famously claims that baking takes her mind off studies. But to do it every week? Nah. So not me. Every once in a blue moon? Now we're talking!

Whatever the case, I was pumped today. My main motivation was KS. Reason being I had promised to bake him a batch of cookies for his 21st birthday MONTHS ago. And today, I finally got down to doing it. Which is why KS received a majority of the personalized cookies that emerged from the dough as seen on the right.
It was the usual mixing and matching. Thankfully Kailas had a lot of excess baking stuff that she wished to get rid off before leaving huia so I got to make use of them. Thanks again Kailas. You will not imagine the array of embellishements that the girl has when it comes to baking.
I used green colouring for my icing. It was still pretty lumpy when i was done with it, but i am not one who is particularly meticulous when it comes to these things.
So I used heart shape sprinkles on some of the cookies. Embellishments courtesy of Kailas once again.
And there were butterfly embellishments.
And round ball-y thingies sprinkles.
..... and these sorta sprinkles
And then there was Melitta, all set to go to church here, who helped me get the stubborn cookies off the tray.
KS. the inspiration. His very own personalized bday cookies.
So coloufullllllll! I likey! =) Anyways, they turned out wayyyy better than my last batch of cookies, not that those were bad. Which goes to show that practice makes perfect, well, most of the time anyways.
For my baybeeeee.
And when I had an entire tupperware full for KS.......
I decided to make two personalized cookies for all the people I could think off on top of my head.
=)
There!!! These are just some... the bits and pieces of imperfect cookies only mean that the person whose name is on the surface ate part of it before i could take a picture.
Kailas. The baking guru. She was making choclairs while I thrived on with my amateurish cookies.
And then I packed them in cling wrap, individually for each person.
And put them in tiny plastic baggies :) I am such a neurotic sometimes. Seriously. But packed and ready for delivery.
Ah happy happy. Endorphins running through my blood vessels! Had the best Indian food in a LONGGG time for dinner tonight at Nite Spice in Newmarket with Akash. And I am still bloated with satisfaction. But the good times have just begun to roll. And so, I anticipate......

0 comments: