Saturday, August 22, 2009

Acceptance

10:41 PM

There's so much I want to say. But I can't. Because I am in the midst of writing a report on the McGurk effect and speech perception. It's a very interesting effect if you ask me. Just not when you're forced to read a thousand articles about it from PsycInfo ... I spent the entire afternoon drifting away into the land of sleep and reading about Love and Attraction for my social psych test this coming Thursday. Yes. It's one of those concentrated weeks yet again. Report due on Wednesday. Test on thursday. Ball on Sunday.

I look forward to the break. During which i have to try and catch up with whatever's in the trajectory ahead of me. Last week of uni this one. Before spring break. Alrighteo. Gotta keep this short, so here's a few updates from the past week (weeks??!). More like ONE day. But updates from all those weeks during which my blogging hiatus lasted will take me a fortnight to write.

pictured here is Agata and her boyfriend, Lee with their pink wigs ;) At her farewell party in BoogieWonderland.
Agata Dzwonek. My awesome Canadian floor mate left for Canada last night. It was one of the more emotional goodbyes for all of us 9th floorers. Simply coz this pretty lass with a lot of spunk and absolutely no fear was anything but ordinary. We all grew to love her with time, even if it was only a mere three months. She was always offering, never taking, terribly comforting. Pity that she's gone. But I've come to accept how life lets you come across some of the most inspiring, friendly people and then take them away ever so often. Just like the bad apples, the good one come and go. Acceptance. I'm glad to have obtained it over the months, especially the months that I've spent here in Auckland.

taken in the span of my room.

I finally managed to pull off the look. Not that I've changed 360 degrees. Far from it. Sometimes it's just about being confident in your skin and not looking at yourself and coming up with slandering remarks. Acceptance. So what if you have slobbery thighs or a muffin top or all those imperfections? just accept it. work on it. love it. and trust that despite it, you still look good. A friend told me just recently that whenever he went out with his girlfriend, she'd complain about all this odd things about herself, but ironically, all those odd things were the reasons he was with her in the first place. Most of them being physical characteristics.

This picture is for the peace of mind of my mother. Don't worry mumsy. I still covered up coz i had this image of you looking at me in a disapproving manner. LMAO. kidding.

From left, Ged, Jess and Suks. It was also Suks 21st that night. So we club hopped from Boogie Wonderland, to CrowBar where we all got free drinks, and then to The MET and then back to Boogie WOnderland.

My girlies. Moe, me, Rigamoto and Kailas.

A very bad photo of a couple of peeps from my floor. Although, this picture pretty much captures the essence of our personalities. Blurry. Crazy. Wreckless. All over the place.

Me and the bestfriend. Honestly, without her I'd be like a little lost lamb. We're perhaps the only two sane ones in all our outings.

Boogie WOnderland. I LOVE the dance floor. Full of creeps. But amazing colours and decor. And the music is so retro 70s. Perfection!

Ok. Back to my report now.

0 comments: