Sunday, November 16, 2008

Monologous Mesh

6:05 AM

Last floor dinner. Fewest participants. Majority had left post exam.

Thai Me Up in Ponsonby had a wide selection of food. And served rice in amusing shapes. Got us all competitive about who was more special of the lot.

Kyle got us all convinced that he was the most special of the lot. Look at that heart.

But look who else got the heart. Looking rather doink-ish here though. T_T
And then over to Movenpick for ice cream....
Me and Trish. I settled for hot chocolate. And it turned out to be awEsoME!
Dee and Kyle.....
Still unsatisfied. We headed home for some fun of our owwwwn.
This was before. The fun proceeded soon after. But I won't grace you with pictures just yet. My modem's acting up on me again.
Boxes. What used to be utter mess is now camouflaged. In boxes. Or cases if you will? 426 has never been this empty. Not since the very first time I peeked into it and knew right away that it would fit me like a glove. And the perfect glove it was for a rather brief 5 months. Or less?

The splash of sunlight every morning while I padded around in a state of grog. The rays that refracted through the tiny piece of unevenly edged glass, left spectrums of light floating around. Stained curtains. Musky smell. A combination of sweat ridden sneakers, Auckland wind and white musk. The bulletins. Once covered with pictures. Cupboard doors. Conveniently doubled as a feature wall. Mirror. Smothered with post its'. Not much for my perusal or that of others. Ignorance.

Corridoors seemed quieter. Common room emptier. Communal kitchen duller. Less baskets. Less refrigerator storage. Reduced bread crumbs by the toaster. Splashed water by the sink. Oily counters. Discarded rubbish. Less of everything. If I were to remain here. I'd feel less. That's probably how you feel...
Home. The place I've fantasized about for the past 8 months. Before I fantasized about coming here. The only thing that's keeping me sane. Anticipating. Excited. As I pack. Else. I would have lost it. A long time ago. As the mound of mess reduced. Bit by bit. I felt myself get closer and closer to home.
Auckland. A dump? Repetitive. It got dissed over and over again. Endless. I listened. As the wind got dissed. The walkways. Unclean. The buildings. The shops. The shopping. The weather. The system. Then why this comfort? Why is there no beckoning from within that I find a way to escape. Why this heavy heart as I pack? Auckland?
Australia. Where everyone wants to be. Sweet sweet Australia. With it's koalas and dingos and marsupials and oviparous eutherians. It lures. Yet. I long not. I just lose precious people to. People come, people go. Move on. Stop living in the past.
To be continued........
(4 am now. I am reprogamming my internal clock. Tmr's a busy day.)

0 comments: