Thursday, September 25, 2008

Reality Check

12:03 PM

The math test came and went and I wasn't exactly surprised as to how unprepared I was for it. But I guess it was a huge reality check for me. Coz If I keep taking things lightly, as I am doing now, this feeling's gonna stick. And that's something that I cannot handle. Sometimes I wish uni wasn't just a vicious cycle of cramming, regurgitating and discarding. There's no thrills to actually enjoying the stuff you learn anymore. Sigh.

I have seemingly developed a love hate affiliation for my laptop. I love it coz it's there, it connects me to the world in so many different ways that reality isn't able to. And I suppose I hate it for similar reasons. It has probably been the biggest distraction for me thus far. I'm still working at weaning myself off the habit of always logging on to facebook or chatting with someone online. It's gotten to be so empowering, that everytime I feel I need to do some serious study I force myself to go to the dingiest corner of the uni library. If I spent every minute of facebooking/blog surfing/msn chatting on my work, I would be Einstein.

Very busy weeks coming up ahead of me. I have an economics essay and a psych report + essay due real soon. Math assignment. Online tests. Running for communications officer on the UMSA committee but since there're five of us and only two positions up for grabs, I mightn't get it. I have one more weekend of VS training left and apparently this time we'll be training at the Marae and learning how to sing a Maori song. LOL. Attending a breast cancer walk at the domain the following weekend. And I assume prep for exams will follow closely.

Time just flashes by and refuses to stop. It's already the end of September! Hardly believable.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

the stuff that flashes us by and going too fast too furious is GOOD.this only means we have lots of things to talk abt and share with one another when we meet in a few months time *beams*

can't wait!*hugs*

Dimi said...

Cassie! yes. I will have LOADS to share when I get back. Hope prep for the installation's goin well. Wish i could be there to help n go all crazy like last time. :) Love u loads. Mwah!