Saturday, August 2, 2008

Clubbin Yo!

11:28 PM

Finally got a taste of clubbing in Auckland yesterday! I was supposed to go SO many times but the plan kept backfiring and for an instant there, I thought that maybe, I just wasn't meant to go clubbing in New Zealand? I mean, seriously, how many times can obstructions come in the way of your plans. It seemed like there was a string, constantly pulling me, or rather us, back from checking them clubs out. LOL. Figure of speech.

Anyway, it was pouring and even before getting to the club - Margarita, on Queen Street, my mood was down in the dumps. The last thing you probably want after dolling up for a night of fun is mascara streaming down your cheeks and your nicely done hair soaking down your shoulders. Still, with my will outwitting the dreaded weather, I trudged along with the rest and we made our way to Margarita, a 3 storey club infested with Asians. Music was good. Entrance was free for ladies, poor Bobbie and Joey had to fork out ten bucks each. And the cocktails were waaaay cheaper compared to similar ones back in Malaysia. Alcohol is perhaps the only thing that is cheaper in Auckland compared to Malaysia.

Here's a play by play photojournal of the whats, wheres, whos, whens and hows of the clubbin experience....






Game for the scene? Jobanana and Melitta forced me to pin my hair back even though I didn't want to.... Looks weird la!!


We went over to Grafton to get pissed first. hahaha. Ok. I am never using that word again. Us being us, we did not do the whole inebriated, intoxicated act that people here usually do before they go clubbing. The rest had a glass of red wine each and considering I had no appreciation whatsoever for any wine, I gladly passed.



Joey and his cuppa



A slightly blurred picture of Joanna and with her glass of toe-jamed liquid grapes....



Getting all preened up in Bobbie's room....



Melitta and me



Joey before his uber cool hair makeover.....



Jobanana and Melitta, all dolled up.... man, they look hot, don't they?



I love how all of us were looking in different directions in this picture... *laughs* me looking all mortified at something below, Melitta looking at the camera and *coughs* Jobanana, of course, looking at herself......*coughs*



Joey, after his uber cool make over. Notice his korean-esque look. Also notice the tag that says Shane on his jacket. "halo, I am Shane. I am from Korea. Let's do the tango..."



Bobbie in his "still standing?" look...... Sleek!



A somewhat spoilt picture that I seem to like. Looks like we're heading into the light......



And finally, we arrive at the club, all wet, mangled and with wretched nerves. We invaded the dance floor before anything else.



And then, shots.... That wasn't my shot, I was just posing with it...



They braved the shots. As I looked on......



I settled for a margarita which tasted pretty darn good! Behind us : "halo, I am Shane. I am from Korea. Peace out!"



The boys. Looking all flash........



Ruling the dance floor......... this is what I meant by infested with Asians. Check out the crowd...



That wasn't my peace out sign, that was Shane!!!!!



Mel was feeling sleepy, so she settled for a red bull so we could dance more.... LOL. Green apparition between our heads. Meet shrek, the drunk...



And then back to dancing..... I absolutely lurve dancing with Melitta!! She thought me some awesome moves. LOL.... There a few guys who were trying to squeeze in between us. They don't really ask you if you'd like to dance, they pretty much just appear in front of you and start gyrating wildly. (exception to Jobanana. This vietnamese dude asked her to dance with him. hehehe) Pretty freaky actually. But we succeeded in driving them away by ignoring their advances. They must've thought we were lesbians or something. Hehe. *Hush now Mike!!!*



the next few hours were alternated between going on and off the dance floor. Too many strange occurances to tell here. But we did have fun. And we were dead tired. Coz we clubbed til 5 am. Shocking? I know!!!!



The last of "Halo. I am Shane. I am from Korea. And I want to be a python. Sssssssssssss"


Turns out. Clubbing in Auckland? Pretty overrated. It's something I'd do occasionally but never too often. It's simply too tiring and a tad pointless. But it's FUN to dance and hang out and look at other people making fools of themselves. Just not too often. There was supposed to be a video. But had to take that out coz it was perpetually in loading mode.


Gotta sleep now. My biological clock is all messed up, thanks to sleeping at 5 am and waking at 1 pm. Sigh.


You know you love me!


xoxo

0 comments: