Monday, February 4, 2008

Invincible No More

7:44 PM

You know there's that point in life when everything seems to be going well and you start thinking you're invincible and not a thing in the world can get your spirits down?? I began to think I was invincible about a month or so ago. Like everything was working so terrifically right for me and it didn't matter that I was staying up late most nights and that I was eating only food prepared in the insalubrious premises of the unknown and not drinking enough water but other unhealthy beverages..... Only to be slammed back to reality again yesterday... Sigh.

I finally fell sick. Like it was some sorta karma for being ignorant and not being as in touch with my spiritual side as I should be. And mind you, when I get sick, I really do! It's not some sorta mild influenza that can be cured with a dose of panadol flu or a mere bug that lasts a night. I was literally curled up in bed. Didn't even wake up to eat the entire day. It was just me and the bed and the spasms of pain in my stomach and the deafening migraine that bemoaned my instincts. Sigh. I think my allergies finally kicked in. I've been sporadically testing my limits with dairy products. Guess I was finally set straight. I canNOT eat dairy!!! Am still trying to figure out whether it was the fried bihun or if it was something else that trigered my puke buttons.

Can't seem to figure out how bulimics survive on puking their guts out though. I. Hate. Puking. In fact, as better as it made me feel, I think I've subconsciously developed a fear of puking.

That aside, the past few days prior to my sick stampede was fun fun fun.

Went out with the MPS girls on thursday. Reunited after a LONG time, we spent a short time together at the Dessert Bar, chatting over ice cream at Subang Parade. Yes. This was one of the rare occassions when I put my intolerance to the test. No more! Was fun just catching up and being reminded of the nuttiness that made us tick...


Just us girls.... From far left, me, Wai Yi, Petrina, Puiks, Alison, Natasha n Leez

Then later at night, a spontaneous call lead to a spontaneous outing at approximately 12 am at Bojangles in Desa Sri Hartamas. Nirms, Mike, Nirm's sis and her bf and I hung out while talking over live music. Headed back at around 4 sth in the morning after an extended chat in A&W. Mike left his headlights on and his car batt had to be shocked back into life. Gave us both a slight scare. I was already scanning my brain for a suitable place for him to sleep at my apartment after his third trial with the car failed, when outta nowhere the engine revved back into life.


At Bojangles, in Hartamas...

Despite the late night, both Mike and I had to wake up early again on Friday for lunch with Esther and Jing at Paddingtons in One U. Esther picked me up and we battled the jam to get to One U where Jing had been awaiting our arrival for the past hour!!! Sigh. Had yummy pankeok for lunch!! Try San Francisco!! Very recommendable... The fish is excellent! Walked around One U in a zombified state after that with Esther.... Was just too tired to function.

From left : Mike, me, Esther and Jing at Paddingtons

Saturday morning was our professional development project at Joel's place. Shaun taught us how to cook a three course lunch... Started off with making the dessert, a creamy yoghurt based fruit dish which we all agreed was the best of the dishes. Then was the rich tomatoe broth, made from celery and carrots and butter and water and other things. The potatoe salad was the easiest and funnest to make. Followed by the boiling of the angle hair spaghetti and finally, the carbonara cream for the cream eaters and the tomatoe based special for me... Had a good time both making the food and eating it over our very brief rotaract meeting. Probably my very last one... Made an announcement to the district early this morning where I declared my withdrawal from D3300 and deemed Shaun Liew as my replacement. Sigh. All things do come to an end.

Cassie, Me and Sylvia, pretending to wash stuff....

Saturday night was the January Babies Bday bash at Backyard Pub in Desa Sri Hartamas. Attended the function with Cassie and Leez and met up with Alex and his brother there. I suppose we did have a great time hanging out with them and getting to know them better and feeling the thrill that came with being rebellious. Plus, putting confusions and questions marks to rest. Slept over at Leez's place later that night, I mean morning, considering we only got back at 5 am. I think I was the first one to zonk out while we were gossiping... Sorry gals.

At Backyard, from left, me, Bernice, Cassie and Leez...

So yea, that's pretty much my week. I leave in about 18 days, the final countdown begins.... Going back to Seremban to meet with extended family during chinese new year.... Hope you guys have a great New Year celebration...

Til next time, you know you love me...

xoxo

4 comments:

Cassie said...

dmeeeeeeee *hugs* feel better yea!

Dimi said...

Thanks Cassie! I already do... Hv a happay happay CNY!!

nirms said...

I look so happy in that pic, haha! Had a fun night out with you two, altho I was super tired and stoned most of the time, heh.

Dimi said...

Nirms!!! UR back d?? I thought u were in s'pore?? U can prolly attend Ben's farewell thingy then.. Please do call ben for details coz I'd really like to see u there....

I had fun with the both of you tooOOO! I guess we were all a bit tired... Hee..