Saturday, October 13, 2007

Broke! Pokai!

11:52 PM

Someone once said; "It's the good girls who keep diaries. The bad girls never have the time. Me.... I just wanna live a life I'm gonna remember. Even if I don't write it down" -Voice over by Brooke, OTH Season 4

Why is it raining everyday? Kinda masks my mood. Gloomy. Correction, gloomy... until I start earning some cash.

I went to Mid Valley today and while buying my all time favorite (...altho most people fail to understand y) JJ's super sandwich, i discovered that I was 80 cents short of cash to pay for my sandwich. Yes. I did just say sandwich. And so i spent a good 3 minutes pretending to dig deeper into my purse in hopes of 80 cents miraculously appearing out of nowhere. And the dude behind the counter stared at me ,amused, while I buried my nails into the leather, scraping the nothingness that was there and turning crimson simultaneously. His taunting glare sunk in and the realization that I was going nowhere with the digging finally caught up and I sheepishly admited that I didn;t have enough to spare before racing to the nearest atm. That was after I promised him that i would be back with the money. It was little wonder that he trusted me coz he knew how much I loved those sandwiches and would be back someday if not today. Damn those sandwiches! Haven't they heard of franchises???

Bleh. The atm machine was another fuddle. Instead of selecting withdrawal, I selected fast cash and kaching kaching, RM 1000 was forced into my possession. DONOT SELECT FAST CASH!! I think I was in a shock for a while. That was the first time I held so much cash in my hand. Was a bit terrified as I stuffed the money into my purse. I suddenly had the urge to eye everyone in suspicion. They all seemed like hungry materialistic hyenas to me. So instead of stuffing my purse into my bag, I placed it into the plastic bag I was carrying. Do people snatch plastic bags??

For the record, I got home safely. After submitting my Starbucks work application. Yes. I decided to go against all odds and just try out for the position. AnD that was after I bombarded everyone with irritating messages regarding part time jobs on msn yesterday. Loads of suggestions came through. From telemarketing for 250 per day at Damansara Intan (which I am definitely applying for, I'd b crazy not to!) to selling irons at 60 per day minus commision. But I'm not allowed to let anyone know about the former, so DON'T ask!

Spoke to wai yi about tutoring at shelter for free. Was nice talking to her after so long, and the tutoring offer will be processed as soon as her parents return from Israel. They're there on a pilgrimage. Cool no?

Got my hair 'thinned' today. Actually, it was more like wash, condition, thinning, wash, blow dry. The woman made my hair so SO straight that I don't even look like me anymore. I don't like straight hair. It's a different story when my sister straightens it, coz she has a knack for making it look great. I think it's the product overload at the saloon that makes it look paper-y. Yuck.

The blood donating thing is definitely happening. *Smiley*

0 comments: