Friday, March 2, 2007

Fever should be Categorized a Malicious Disease

7:22 PM

I fell ill on Thursday and nothing else mattered more than sleep and popping pills. It was indeed a very difficult time.... My throat felt like it had been walked over by a thousand women wearing spiked stilettos, my nose felt like it was a tap with and endless suppy of fresh mucous (sry! don't mean to disgust but it's the truth), the mother of all migraines sat deftly on my head and my ears made this ticking noise convincing me that somewhere within my feeble body was a time bomb, waiting to explode and end my life, not to mention the misery that came with the fever....

I was diagnosed with troath ulcers. Great! That meant, lotsa sleeping, no physical activity what so ever and no contact with any normal homo sapien other than the occupants of my house. The next day saw me wrapped tightly within my comforter, prying for the very least bit of warmth that came from the cotton drapes. No classes, no friends, no good food! Sigh! I think i was left to hibernate the entire day. Seriously, i had no idea how much sleep i had in me. Sleep felt like it could go on forever and ever..... My eyes were droopy 24/7 except for tv time when i forcefully pried them opened, determined to watch a rerun of Ross and Rachel doing the infamous rap of 'Baby Got Back'.

Sadly, i also had to forego the CNY visitation to my chem lecturer's house today as well as the rotaract 'prevention against snatch theft' outing.... Sigh! The sacrifices that have to be made in the name of health. Plus, i feel completely unfit at the moment. My legs almost crave the aches that come after a good jog, i can feel em protesting already. I will give into their hapless demands today-one hour of gym work for me!

The fact that most of my college friends text messaged me to just find out how i was doing was very very sweet. Their pledges for me to keep alive, drink gallons of water and to take care was such a thoughful gesture. Thanks guys! Love u to bits! See y'all soon....

0 comments: