Thursday, February 22, 2007

A CNY like no other

8:04 PM

Hmmm, perhaps the year of the boar holds much to look forward to on my part?? Well, i must say that the year of the boar kicked in pretty well for me.... I'm normally not the celebrative type when it comes to festivals, be it CNY, Deepavali or anything apart from christmas (I personally think that no one can resist the joy of christmas)... But this year, i was literally dragged into the celebration without me even realizing it!

I tossed yee sang twice this year which is a true record considering i have never done it before in my life. Once, with my college mates before bidding em goodbye for the one week holidays. And the second time around, with my friend's family and extended family... Strangely, i did not wish for anything on either occassion. I think i was too preoccupied with trying to get enough yee sang between my chopsticks to think about anything else.

Anyway, had a huge dinner at my friend's place last night and i'm still bloated from the scrumptious cuisine. There was stewed duck, roast duck, stewed pork, mixed vege (my Gawd! the mushrooms rocked!!!!!), roast chicken, chinese cabbage, ABC soup. If my stomach capacity was larger, i swear, i would've stayed longer and eaten everything! Koniyaku jelly was served for desert together with a mandarin orange... And i even got two ang pows from the very same family. This CNY just knocked my socks off and i have Lee Hua to thank for it. I'm coming to your house again next CNY, you can count on it!

Am slightly bummed that the holiday is coming to an end and i've not touched any of my homework to date. Sheesh! Plus, i'm gonna have to resume my old sleeping patterns of going to bed early and getting up early, one thing that went outta the window throughout the entire break. But on the bright side, i will be able to see all my friends again!! Can't wait to see what the year of the Boar has in store for us......

0 comments: